Description: Senior management position with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company in the clean energy sector, serving community solar and commercial clients and performing work nationally. Responsible for managing commercial sales teams at all offices nationally, designing and implementing sales plans, improving the sales process, and supervising sales management staff. This is an executive role and will involve participation in overall company strategy and decision making via the Executive Team. Position reports directly to the CEO.
Compensation: Base salary, plus performance-based incentives. Strong benefit package including company paid health plan, 401(k) matching, and 4 weeks paid vacation. Total compensation package based on experience.
Skills & qualifications: Proven sales management capacity with at least two years related experience. Demonstrated abilities in negotiation, sales planning, use of CRM software, coaching, managing the sales process, staffing and meeting sales goals. Prefer two or more years’ experience in solar sales related activities.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Oversight of behind the meter sales (regional & strategic teams), SunCentral Sales (community solar subscription management), Project Acquisition Sales, and Project Analysis Team. Marketing would be added to this list in the future.
- Work with related staff to optimize use of Zoho (our CRM software) and provide reports to the Executive Team on sales pipeline and projections
- Work with the Project Analysis Team to improve upon process, including finishing out proposal software development and exploring other IT possibilities to improve process and increase deal flow
- Manage team OKRs
- Help hire for sales positions in Chicago, Northeast region, and Strategic Accounts
- Help build out Project Acquisition capability, including software component, process, and hires
- Behind the Meter sales strategy - verticals, channels, finance tools
- SunCentral sales strategy, working with Director of SunCentral Services
- Project Acquisition sales strategy, working with Finance team
- Participate in key meetings to help close on opportunities
- Make judgment calls where needed on pricing/strategy, market focus, and project alignment
- Accountability - Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Financial - Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures
- Marketing assistance - Work with Marketing staff to revise and update sales materials and determine effective marketing strategies
- Research - Maintain sales volume by keeping current with policy and technology developments, changing trends, and competitors
- Learn - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Responding: Interested parties should submit a resume along with a cover letter listing a short summary of what sets you apart from other likely candidates. To apply, please use the link found on our hiring page: www.pivotenergy.net/contact/hiring
Appointments for interviews will be arranged by email.