BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. As a certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Massachusetts-based Project Development Analyst to assist with day-to-day project duties, including all paperwork/filings and contract/agreement development and management. The primary focus of this position will be to support the Storage Development Team on selected standalone storage projects in the Commonwealth. Your daily activities will include but not be limited to project support, strategic research, and analysis. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. Attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential attributes for being successful in this position. This position will report to the Managing Director, Storage Development. The Storage Development Analyst position will be a hybrid position expected to work in the Boston office 2-3 days a week and will be set up to work remotely on all other days.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
• Support the development of standalone storage opportunities in the State of Massachusetts.
• Assist the Managing Director of Storage Development in representing BlueWave including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers.
• Utilize our project management, project scheduling and GIS tools to monitor, control and report on project progress according to prescribed project timelines and budgetary costs.
• Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirement milestones, and monitoring project progress against those requirements.
• Research storage industry market trends and strategy.
• Provide quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions.
• Collaborate/Coordinate with other teams at BlueWave.
• Prepare internal and external documents and presentations.
• Manage Co-ops/Interns
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Familiarity with Massachusetts municipal bylaws and state permitting requirements
• Familiarity with/interest in the energy storage industry
• Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities
• Basic technical understanding of electrical grid infrastructure
• Proficiency in working with Salesforce CRM
• Valid US driver’s license
• Must be able to perform site visits
• Must be located in Massachusetts
• Familiarity with Northeast state renewable energy policies and incentive programs
• Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
• Prior experience supporting the development of large-scale solar projects
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint skills
• Detail oriented, focused
• Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
• A great attitude and ability to be flexible
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.