Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Staff Accountant position is open for an energetic, organized professional with an aptitude to work in a renewable energy company in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position will involve a multitude of responsibilities with all aspects of day-to-day operations of solar energy assets including project management, reporting, contractual compliance and risk management. The position reports to the Director, Portfolio Management and is remote.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable of all portfolios under • Maintain general ledger processing; prepare and enter month end and other required journal
- Review and reconcile monthly transactions and balances for
- Responsible for onboarding new projects to an integrated asset management • Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and • Prepare work papers and various reports for external
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and compliance to internal
Reporting & Analysis
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget Actual” variance reports of portfolios under management. Assist in providing follow-up ofsignificant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual reporting requirements to various Audits & Examinations
- Assist with annual external audit and other examinations. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual audit.
- Administration and Compliance with financing agreements
- Ensure compliance with various reporting requirements of the projects’ financing
- Monitor covenants and interact with the financial counterparties as
- Assist with the financial close of the financing
- Contribute to the Company special projects as
- One point of contact with all project counterparties including off takers, landlords, lenders, equity owners and government agencies
- Administer obligations and responsibilities under the project agreements
- Compliance with the regulatory and government requirements
- 4 year degree required, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 3 years’ experience in public accounting specifically with audit engagements
- Strong Excel, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with different levels and functions of the organization as well as with external parties
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multitask and undertake complex tasks
- Project oriented with a goal to complete assignments on
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401(k) offered with employer match
Please submit the cover letter with the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nautilus is monitoring our response to COVID-19 on an ongoing basis. As of March 15, 2022, we do not require employees to be vaccinated. Nautilus reserves the right to enact COVID-19 precautionary measures at any time, including requiring vaccination and/or mask-wearing in order to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings (which would be subject to reasonable accommodations for medical and religious exemptions).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.