Nautilus Solar Energy’s (“NSE”) Senior Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing development and construction of NSE’s solar PV generating portfolios in assigned regions. As an important member of the operations team, you will support projects and clients at all stages of development, planning, installation as well as ongoing operations and maintenance efforts. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Executive Director of Operations. The position is a remote position with 25% of travel required.
- Complete all assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Lead the project life cycle once MIPA is signed from early-stage development through construction, commissioning, and ongoing support of Asset Management. • Assist Origination and Structuring in evaluating projects and portfolios. • Actively contribute to process improvement
- Manage internal resources to effectively build strong teams to support the successful execution of projects.
- Manage all external resources in a professional manner to build relationships that create beneficial partners to support project execution and the goals of NSE. • Create and/ or review and comment on all project requirement documents, schedules, cost estimates, contracts, invoices, and other key information related to projects in a timely manner.
- Enter and maintain project data within the NSE software platform. Platform data to be reviewed and updated on at least a weekly basis to assure data is current and accurate.
- Manage the Request for Proposal process including: Assemble and share all required bid documentation, Obtain a minimum of 3 valid proposals for each project/ portfolio, Evaluate and refine proposals to assure complete scope of work, Cost level and compare proposals, Select preferred vendor and review results with Director of Operations for final vendor selection.
- Prepare and participate in the review of contract documents for projects including the creation of a requirements documents, lists of deliverables and other project management related items. Work with Legal and Director of Operations to execute contracts.
- Manage all EPC activities.
- Host weekly EPC meetings and post meeting minutes within 48 hrs.
- Manage field operations to assure timely execution of quality projects within board approved budget.
- Perform site visits as required from initial site evaluation through final completion. • Review, approve and process all invoices in a timely manner.
- Execute assigned tasks as required.
- Manage assigned employees
- Familiarity with industry standard project management methods such as Project Management Professional (PMP) best practices, ISO9000 guidelines, and other similar best practices
- Solar PV project management experience, proven project reporting of financial, work and schedule progress
- Organizational and process orientation skills to clearly maintain project documentation, correspondence, and related files
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
- Knowledge of construction processes and practices in electrical, civil, and structural trades
- OSHA and other federal, state, and local safety practices to allow audits of site activities
- Proficiency with Project planning and Management Software, PowerPoint, Excel, and other similar software
- Ability to review Schedules and Budgets for accuracy and completeness • Contract negotiation and establishing Design Build Contracts, within Company Protocol • 5 years of relevant project management experience (energy or related sectors); previous solar experience desirable
- Undergraduate Degree (Engineering or related)
- Ability to work independently as required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Internal communication and team approach are a must
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long Term Disability) are 100% covered by Nautilus
- 401k offered with employer match
Please apply to this position by emailing your resume to: email@example.com
Only fully vaccinated individuals will be permitted to travel, enter the office, or attend in-person meetings. This position is required to be available to travel 25% of the time. If an individual needs a reasonable accommodation from Nautilus’ policy, please contact HR@Nautilussolar.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Nautilus Solar Energy, LLC (Nautilus) is creating a clean, sustainable future through a respected and passionate team of professionals. A pioneer in the rapidly growing solar industry, Nautilus’s employees form a strong supportive community. Nautilus is committed to creating and maintaining a culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion by practicing our beliefs of integrity, empowerment, and fairness. We believe that a diverse and inclusive environment inspires employees’ creativity, drives innovation, and leads to success. Our employees are the strength of our brand, and we strive to hire quality candidates who will embrace and add to our resilient, resourceful, and entrepreneurial culture.