The Coalition for Community Solar Access (“CCSA”) is seeking qualified applicants for the role of a senior associate in operations and membership.
You must have excellent organizational skills to perform various duties for different business functions under the supervision of the senior director of operations. In this role, you will constantly seek new strategies to increase operational performance. You will interact with a wide range of CCSA member companies and help identify new members and other opportunities that would generate revenues. You must embrace several critical support functions, including managing accounts payable, planning member events, assisting in human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) functions, processing contract agreements, planning meetings and preparing meeting reports. Your role is integral to the success of the organization with its aim to open, protect and serve community solar markets across the nation.
- Prior experience in an operations, administrative or business development role
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-changing, entrepreneurial, and sometime ambiguous environment
- (Required) Intermediate MS Office skills
- (Optional) Experience with renewable energy
- Assist in quality control of member products and develop new products
- Perform prospective member research and outreach
- Support planning for all CCSA member events
- Respond to member inquiries and manage member listservs
- Assist in organizational bookkeeping and managing accounts payable
- Manage IT resources and account subscriptions
- Support organizational planning and master calendar management
- Support the senior director of operations with the management and execution of all HR functions and work to ensure that CCSA is compliant in all employer relations
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
- Manage CCSA’s internal document management system
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the organization
- Support team communication and ensure the team has the resources they need to get their jobs done
- Deliver a positive, professional, results-oriented experience with follow-through, attention to details, and resourcefulness
- Establish clear goals and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of operational strategies and revenue targets
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range is between $65,000 - $75,000 with the opportunity to participate in an additional performance incentive plan. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge and skills of applicant, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include a company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums for employees and their families, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses. We also offer paid parental leave, professional coaching opportunities, a flexible work schedule, and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
- Remote, flexible
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Please send resume, cover letter and two writing samples to McKenzie Bolduc - firstname.lastname@example.org - with the subject line “Sen. Associate, Ops and Membership Role – YOUR NAME”.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Coalition for Community Solar Access (CCSA)
Mission and Core Principles
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.
We promote policies, programs, and practices that:
- Allow all consumers the opportunity to participate in and directly economically benefit from the construction and operation of new clean energy assets.
- Provide equal access for community solar providers to build and operate community solar projects and interconnect those projects to the serving utility’s grid.
- Incorporate a fair bill credit mechanism that provides subscribers with an economic benefit commensurate with the value of the long-term, clean, locally-sited energy produced by community solar projects.
- Support the participation of diverse customer types in community solar programs, and encourage customer choice with providers, product features, and attributes to catalyze innovation and best serve customers.
- Encourage transparent, non-discriminatory utility rules on siting, and interconnecting projects, and collaboration with utilities to facilitate efficient siting and interconnection.
- Ensure that community solar projects are operated and maintained well to protect customers and providers’ investment.
- Ensure full and accurate disclosure of customer benefits and risks in a standard, comparable manner that presents customers with performance and cost transparency.
- Comply with applicable securities, tax, and consumer protection laws to reduce customer risk and protect the customer.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of the community solar market and ensure a beneficial role for all parties in the partnerships forged between subscriber, provider, and utility.