ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy in order to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
The Project Development Advisor will participate in project acquisition and partnership development activities across the ENGIE Distributed Solar and Storage (DSS) portfolio in the United States. This position will provide key expertise to the Business Development team, conducting due diligence of development entitlements and advising on valuation and transaction structuring for distributed solar and solar + storage projects. Additionally, this role will provide early-stage development support to the DSS Origination team for customer-sited ground-mount solar and storage projects.
This position is located in Chicago, IL and is eligible to work in many locations across the US and reports to the Director of Business Development.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct due diligence of development entitlements (e.g. permits, site control, interconnection) of distributed solar and storage project and portfolio acquisition opportunities
- Identify key project and market risks, collaborate with Business Development team on risk mitigation and project valuation
- Coordinate technical due diligence with subject matter experts on Engineering, Estimation, Legal, Project Development and Finance teams. Create and assign tasks for these teams
- Create preliminary project development budgets and schedules
- Visit prospective ground-mount solar project sites and evaluate for key risks and opportunities
- Early-stage project goal setting; maintains schedules and deadlines
- Work with Origination team to pursue and meet submittal deadlines for RFPs on customer-sited ground-mount DSS projects
- Ensure that ENGIE is following internal pre-contract project procedures
- Manage pre-contract execution projects and timelines via ENGIE’s CRM
- Responsible for data management of partner and project data in ENGIE’s CRM
- Support drafting and review of investment committee approvals documents
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
- Coordinate and direct third-party consultants and development partners
- Opportunistically source and evaluate project acquisition targets
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, or Economics preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in energy or related field
- A minimum of eight (8) years of project development related experience; preferably in solar or renewable energy
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Unimpeachable integrity and acts with a team-first attitude
- High degree of creative problem-solving acumen, especially in the context of renewable project development
- Proven track record of successful development of solar and/or other distributed energy projects
- General understanding of renewable energy market trends and the resulting impacts on solar project development
- Results-oriented and motivated professional with the ability to work independently within a large matrixed organization while effectively interfacing with the various cross-functional employee groups
- Ability to thrive in quickly changing environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including third party developers, landowners, potential off takers, government officials, and corporate leaders
- A proficiency in Google Earth, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; GIS and CRM tools a plus
- Must be available to travel up-to 25% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting / up to 25 lbs
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.