ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy in order to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
The Senior Project Developer will manage the East Region for ENGIE’s Distributed Solar and Storage Project Development. This individual will lead a team of developers to execute on early, mid and late-stage pre-construction development activities on projects within ENGIE’s portfolio of distributed solar and solar + storage assets across the Eastern United States. In this role, you will work on discrete tasks to support land acquisition, permitting, environmental review, and other aspects of solar energy and storage project development to ultimately fulfill the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America.
This position is located in Chicago, IL and is eligible to work in many locations across the US and reports to the Senior Project Developer.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the East Region for ENGIE’s Distributed Solar + Storage (DSS) Project Development Team, which will include managing projects and two direct reports to achieve our pipeline and commercial operation date goals
- Lead development activities in early, mid and late stage for both greenfield and projects that are acquired through the DSS Business Development Team
- Direct / manage both internal and external subject matter experts to complete all land acquisition, environmental, local/state/federal permitting, interconnection, real estate and design activities
- Represent ENGIE with customers, landowners, and local/state/regional stakeholders to keep them informed throughout the development process, including attending community engagement events, conferences, policy/advocacy group meetings and other local events
- Support M&A opportunities originated by the DSS Business Development Team
- Develop project model underwriting assumptions in alignment with investment criteria and off-take Origination efforts
- Support Marketing and Origination in the RFP response process for offtake agreements, including coordinating internal resources and meeting with customers, and pricing for projects managed by the DSS Project Development Team
- Prepare and lead the preparation and presentation for project/market reviews both at both the DSS level and Global level management committees
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, or Economics preferred
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in energy; preferably in solar or renewable energy
- A minimum of five (5) years of renewable project development experience, including managing projects at various stages of the development lifecycle
- Conscientious and detail oriented
- Unimpeachable integrity and acts with a team-first attitude
- High degree of creative problem-solving acumen, especially in the context of renewables transactions and project development
- Comfortable resolving and settling challenging commercial disagreements – always poised and professional with internal and external stakeholders
- General understanding of renewable energy market trends and the resulting impacts on solar project development
- Experience with distributed / community solar programs a plus.
- Results-oriented and motivated professional with the ability to work independently within a large matrixed organization while effectively interfacing with the various cross-functional employee groups
- Ability to thrive in quickly changing environment and manage multiple high-stakes transactions simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high level of attention to detail with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences, including third party developers, landowners, potential off takers, government officials, and corporate leaders
- A proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint; CRM tools a plus
- Must be available to travel up-to 25% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to use a computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting / up to 25 lbs
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.