BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Policy Manager focused on Energy Storage. The Policy Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing BlueWave’s policy/regulatory strategies to advance energy storage, identify opportunities, and address policy challenges in our new and existing markets. The Policy Manager will work closely with BlueWave’s Storage Development, Grid Integration, Site Acquisition, Strategy, and other internal teams to evaluate the impact of potential state and federal policy changes on our pipeline of storage projects and use their knowledge of the policy and regulatory landscape to inform business decisions. Previous experience with energy wholesale markets and the role of Regional Transmission Operators, including ISO-NE, NYISO, and PJM, are desired. Experience developing relationships with policymakers, the ability to synthesize complex information into actionable recommendations for decisionmakers, and strong written and verbal communication skills are essential attributes for being successful in this role. This position will report to the Senior Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs.
This is a hybrid position - the ideal candidate will have the ability to work from home, out of the Boston office and travel within the Northeast on occassion.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Monitor policy and regulatory developments in existing BlueWave markets and identify new markets with favorable policy environments.
- Analyze energy storage industry policy and regulatory trends and disseminate to key decisionmakers.
- Work with BlueWave’s internal teams to develop policy positions, implement policy strategy, and identify new business opportunities.
- Identify and develop solutions to legislative, regulatory, and local issues that have the potential to affect BlueWave’s projects.
- Network with public officials, utilities, and key partners in the region to influence policies and regulations supportive of the storage industry.
- Interact with local, state and federal government agencies and officials on development and implementation of solar policies and programs.
- Represent BlueWave with membership organizations, regulators, state legislators, and utilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, economics, environmental studies or related field.
- 3 years of experience in state/federal policy advocacy, renewable energy consulting or related fields.
- Experience working in or with state or federal legislative or executive branch.
- Deep knowledge of the solar and/or storage industries, renewable energy and electricity markets, and trends in the region.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interest and ability to get up to speed quickly on new topics.
- A passion for BlueWave’s mission and goals.
- Eager to work at a fast paced, energetic company that strives for continual improvement.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.