ENGIE is committed to reshaping the energy future through the global implementation of a lower carbon energy economy to preserve the world’s natural resources. We are looking for talented and driven people who are committed to making the vision a reality.
The Senior Advisor of DG Origination (Utilities) will develop, mature and close contracts for power offtake related to ENGIE’s portfolio of distributed solar and storage projects across the United States. Customers include regulated utilities and municipal or cooperative utilities through traditional PPA, VPPAs, or other financial instruments. This role is crucial to fulfilling the company's renewable energy aspirations and growth strategy within North America.
This position can sit in Chicago, IL / is eligible to work in many locations across the U.S. and reports to the VP of DG Renewables Origination, North America. This position is open to a hybrid schedule of both in-office and work-from-home days.
What you’ll do:
- Secure long term power sale agreements with utilities to support the financing and build-out of new renewable and/or energy storage projects
- Actively manage and build relationships with existing and new customers in the chosen customer market segments
- Evaluate requests for bids, lead bid preparation, prepare competitive analysis, and manage participation in procurement processes
- Prepare proposals and presentation materials for customers and buyers.
- Seek opportunities and deal structures that allow for bilateral transactions with customers
- Negotiate terms and conditions of power sale agreements.
- Drive transactions toward closure
- Collaborate and coordinate with ENGIE’s project development and delivery team, and ENGIE personnel in other departments and business lines that engage with corporate and utility customers
- Ensure that the project attributes that are important to customers are shared with the development team
- Prepare template presentation and proposal materials for customers and their buyers to support the origination effort
- Lead establishment of strategy, pricing, and structure of deals
- Run the internal support teams through all aspects of the complex sales process to closing. May include regulatory approvals, if applicable
- Remain abreast of renewable energy and energy storage opportunities in the United States and the national industry trends impacting the future of distributed energy resource opportunities and their competitiveness as they relate to customers
- Represent ENGIE at national renewable energy events as a speaker, panelist, and energy leader
- Carry out other duties as assigned
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a relatable field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the energy industry, five years in power origination; preference in renewable energy
- A proven record of accomplishment in renewable or power origination
- Deep network of utility industry contacts and brokers across the United States
- Superior understanding of the challenges and opportunities for distribution utilities seeking to upgrade networks to accommodate more distributed energy resources
- Excellent record of securing long term power sale agreements on renewable energy projects with corporations or utilities
- Ability to structure, prepare, negotiate, coordinate, and execute power sale agreements together with internal and external advisors
- Thorough knowledge of establishing new business relationships and closing business.
- The capability of preparing marketing materials, presentations, and proposal materials needed to pitch origination opportunities to customers
- Proven ability to navigate the various aspects of renewable power origination with corporates and utilities and the organizations from which they seek guidance and procurement services
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Results-oriented leader with the ability to work independently within a large matrixed organization while effectively interfacing with the various cross-functional employee groups
- Strong desire to advance the adoption and deployment of renewable energy solutions across North America.
- Must be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be available to travel up to 25% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips (within the United States and Canada)
- Must be willing and able to comply with ENGIE’s policy with respect to COVID vaccination and testing
- Must be willing and able to comply with all ENGIE ethics and safety policies
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting / up to 25 lbs
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with the needed assistance to perform the essential functions
- Eligible for a hybrid schedule consisting of in-office and work-from-home opportunities
ENGIE North America isn’t just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we’re leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient, and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as “protected characteristics”) as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.