BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a New York Based Solar Development Analyst. This person will be responsible for supporting the Project Development Team on selected solar projects primarily in New York with some attention to Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Their daily activities will include working on every aspect of the solar project development business with a focus on financial analysis and modeling to assist in vetting project opportunities. In addition, the analyst will work with the site acquisition, policy, finance, and grid integration teams to vet new projects and/or market opportunities. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. Attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential attributes for being successful in this position. This position will report to a market Managing Director. This is a remote position, however candidates must be located in the New York area and able to perform occasional site visits in the service area.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
As a Certificied B Corp, BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development of Solar PV opportunities specifically in New York State.
- Research available incentive programs and SREC pricing trends in various states for distributed-generation and utility-scale projects
- Conduct quantitative analysis using economic cash flow models to assess project design, cost-based incentives (e.g. feed-in tariffs), and evaluate the impact of tax incentives or other support structures for key project development decisions
- Conduct research and present findings on topics relevant to current and potential future company projects, including real property taxes, project compensation, regulatory processes, discretionary permitting, title, and real property
- Assist the Project Development Manager in representing BlueWave within the development team including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers
- Utilize our project management, document control and CRM tools to control and report on project progress.
- Support the Project Development Manager in driving project timelines and costs.
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirement milestones, and monitoring project progress against those requirements
- Follow all document control procedures, with a particular focus on critical Control documents
- Collaborate/Coordinate with other teams at BlueWave
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations
- Other duties as requested by your supervisor
- Self-starter that can get up to speed quickly
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling within Excel and proficiency with the total Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong aptitude to learn complex concepts (tax rules, energy policy, financial structures, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license
- A sound understanding of energy terminology and assumptions
- Experience with basic solar performance modeling tools is preferred
- Ability to perform site visits
- While the focus will be on the NY market, understating of the PA and NJ markets is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.