BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Engineer on the Interconnection team. As an Engineer, you will be responsible for managing interconnection duties for solar and storage projects. Your primary focus will be to create and manage utility interconnection applications, build relationships with utilities to expedite the interconnection process, work with the Project Development team on technical and financial decisions for interconnections and manage vendor interactions. Your daily activities will include but not be limited to project support but also strategic research and analysis on technical and policy related topics. Attention to detail and thoroughness are critical for being successful in this position.
This position is a hybrid posiiton, working remote or partially remote but eventually will be coming into the Boston office. Applicants are expected to live in the New England area where they will be able to commute into the office as needed.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Create, track and manage interconnection applications for various projects
- Negotiate with utilities on interconnection related topics, including scope, timeline and costs.
- Manage utilities customer portal system on a daily basis
- Review and draft one-line diagrams and site plans for solar and storage systems for interconnection purposes
- Research utility infrastructure to inform projects
- Assist management in interconnection strategy
- Manage incentive application and materials for BlueWave projects
- Manage and communicate interconnection milestone payments and schedule
- Assist in justification of the financial case for interconnection payments
- Coordinate with internal teams and processes for making payments
- Form strong relationships and maintain frequent communication (formal and informal) with various utility personnel across the chain that impact Blue Wave projects.
- Manage and conduct bi-weekly meetings with utility personnel
- Prepare and lead weekly internal interconnection update meetings
- Manage third party technical consultants, engineers, and other entities
- Provide interconnection and incentive related materials as requested
- Supervise IX team Co-Ops
- Engineering degree preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Detail orientation
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Excel)
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure (including transmission and substation engineering) is a plus.
- Understand solar and storage project electrical components, including batteries, balance of systems, inverters and transformers
- Understand solar and storage project single line diagrams and layouts
- Understand utility infrastructure and interconnection processes
- Understand technical aspects of utility interconnection materials
- Understand state policy, incentives and tariff implications on interconnection applications in East Coast markets
- Understand and inform the development team on interconnection related decisions
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.