To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started a movement in 2011 with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. A decade later, we’ve created something even bigger – a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
SunShare is America’s oldest and most experienced community solar company. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners and renters should be easy and affordable, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to enjoy clean, solar energy. SunShare is a dynamic, fast-paced and highly driven company, having developed more than 110 MWs of solar projects for both large and small utilities. Our unique focus is developing and operating community-based solar projects. Headquartered in Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be engaged in a fast-paced and innovative organization with a high performing team. They will be responsible for administering, improving, and developing SunShare’s human resources policies on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate for this role will be one who enjoys implementing and improving organizational processes and who has a passion for human resource management. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced setting where no two days are exactly the same. This position is based out of and located in SunShare’s Denver office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This part-time position will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and VP of Finance and Controller while supporting the day-to-day human resources functions of the company. This position will play a critical role in ensuring that SunShare’s human resources policies and procedures are compliant and in line with SunShare’s core values.
- Maintains I-9 and employee records to keep them up to date and accurate.
- Assist with open enrollment and administering benefits for all SunShare employees.
- Assists in the preparation of new employee files and manages onboarding and offboarding.
- Assists with recruitment by drafting job descriptions, assisting with resume screening, phone interviews, in person interviews, and interacting with hiring agencies.
- In accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, assists with processing payroll; manages, monitors, and delivers expense reports; manages and tracks SunShare’s paid time off policy.
- Supports the Chief Operating Officer and the VP of Finance with the management and execution of all SunShare HR functions and works to ensure that SunShare is compliant in all employer relations.
- Recommend changes and efficiencies to current Human Resources standard operating procedures.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for all SunShare employees on matters relating to Human Resources and escalates, as necessary.
- Delivers a positive, professional, customer-oriented experience with follow-through, attention to details, and resourcefulness.
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality.
- 1 – 2 years professional experience as a human resources coordinator preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems. Experience with ADP TotalSource preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and highly personal information daily and maintain confidentiality in a mature and non-judgmental manner.
- A desire to grow within the solar or renewable energy field strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Adobe, DocuSign, Google Suite.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Professional, friendly, curious, energetic team player
- Tenacity and a positive mental attitude.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a part-time position with hour varying from 15 – 20 hours per week.
- Pay Range: $20 – 24 per hour, depending on experience.
- Pay rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan, and a generous paid time off policy.
- A complete list of all the benefits offered at SunShare may be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.