The Local Solar for All coalition (“LS4A”) is seeking qualified applicants for the role of a federal director with an immediate start date. Local Solar for All is a coalition of solar energy and storage companies, clean energy industry groups, and non-profits including the Coalition for Community Solar Access, Vote Solar, Sunrun, SunPower, IGS, Sunnova and Solar United Neighbors. The group’s mission is to create a safer, more affordable, and equitable way to supply power to our communities. The campaign is focused on promoting the benefits of local clean energy production and encouraging federal and state governments to accelerate the development of a more decentralized, distributed energy system. For more information on Local Solar for All, visit https://www.localsolarforall.org/
You will spearhead LS4A’s federal advocacy and national coalition building. You will represent the coalition in stakeholder meetings and represent the group’s federal policy interests which have already been developed and will accelerate the adoption of distributed energy across the nation.
You will also work in close partnership with the Coalition for Community Solar Access (CCSA) as a founding member of LS4A – and its administrator – to promote community solar policy at the federal level.
- 5+ years federal energy policy and/or lobbying experience
- Experience developing and managing coalitions
- Experience leading or managing advocacy campaigns and issue efforts, and/or congressional or administration experience
- Familiarity and ideally experience working on distributed solar and or storage policy
- Familiarity and ideally experience working with FERC and regional electricity markets
- Work closely with LS4A’s director, CCSA’s campaigns director, CCSA’s executive director and other member companies to develop and execute strategies to support federal advocacy campaigns to adopt distributed energy policies.
- Build and manage federal coalition of environmental, equity, industry and other groups to support advocacy campaigns.
- Manage coalition calls and provide updates on federal advocacy efforts to member companies.
- Work with legislators and their staff to craft legislation, answer questions, and advocate for bill language that is in line with federal policy priorities.
- Attend meetings with legislators and regulators on behalf of LS4A and coalition members to represent coalition’s federal policy priorities.
- Manage federal lobbyists to ensure they are meeting campaign goals on time and on budget.
- Partner with broader LS4A team and coalition members to develop and execute national strategies to increase awareness among key stakeholders of the benefits of local, distributed energy resources, especially the value they bring to the grid from a cost perspective.
- Establish clear goals and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of federal advocacy strategies.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range is between $100,000 - $120,000 with the opportunity to participate in an additional performance incentive plan. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and skills of the applicant, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include a company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
- Remote, flexible
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Please send resume and cover letter to Matt Hargarten - firstname.lastname@example.org - with the subject line “LS4A Federal Director Role – YOUR NAME”.
The Local Solar for All coalition and Coalition for Community Solar Access are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is the incubator and founding member of LS4A. CCSA is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.