BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave is seeking an Engineering Manager, BESS with a passion for working in renewables. This individual will report to the Managing Director, Project Operations and will interface regularly with internal teams including Site Acquisition, Solar Development, Battery Storage Development, Grid Integration, Project Financing, and other related team members. The Engineering Manager, BESS will be responsible for leading preliminary engineering due diligence, conceptual project designs, storage optimization, production estimates, and product selection assumptions from early-stage development through commissioning.
This position is primarily remote but ideal candidates will live in the Northeast with the ability to attend team meetings in the Boston areaa.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, subsidized health, dental, and vision plans, long and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Perform technical due diligence and lead production analysis for standalone BESS and DC coupled BESS projects through the development, design, and construction processes as applicable.
- Provide team(s) with deliverables such as equipment specifications, conceptual design drawings, site evaluations, dispatch strategy, production reports and other supporting details as required.
- Prepare accurate indicative layouts, energy models, and support cost models throughout the life cycle of projects.
- Support new products and equipment procurement.
- Lead BlueWave’s interface with external engineering firms, primarily electrical, on scope, timeline, and cost to ensure needed project timelines and budgets are met.
- Work as an integral member of BlueWave’s cross-functional teams to prepare and deliver top-performing projects.
- Create, track and manage production assumptions and pipeline forecast assumptions for various projects in various stages
- Lead internal production optimization resources including but not limited to, BESS modeling software, PVSyst outputs, CAD layouts and similar project assumptions to support all efforts.
- Research product details and new technology options to inform projects and design specification.
- Work in partnership with Development Teams across all active markets to ensure local permitting process moves forward with the most productive systems possible.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree demonstrating analytic and communicative depth, B. S. Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil preferred, NABCEP certification a plus
- 5+ years of BESS design or related renewable energy engineering experience required. Experience with transactional optimization of renewable energy storage systems is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project and MS Excel, Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Working understanding of design and production software(s) such as Fractal, PVSyst, PVCase and/or SunFig required, experience with AutoCAD strongly preferred.
- Understanding and passion for BESS, renewable industry products, energy applications, and energy system designs, or comparable Distributed Generation solutions.
- Ability to travel as needed to project sites and to review conditions at those sites.
Other Key Compentencies:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong desire to gain and disperse knowledge about the storage/solar/renewable energy industry.
- A people and project leader who can creatively solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Detail orientated
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills Knowledge of utility infrastructure (including transmission and substation engineering) is a plus.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company. Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.