Edison Energy is a business created to meet the needs of the new energy future. We create a competitive advantage for market leaders by quantifying energy risk and designing the portfolio solution to protect shareholder value threatened by complex energy policies, technological advancements, and new products.
Edison Energy is part of Edison International (NYSE:EIX), which, through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers with revenues in excess of $11B and more than 12,000 employees.
Edison Energy’s Technology Development team is responsible for implementation of Edison Energy’s client focused internal software systems and tools. Edison Energy’s Senior software developers build projects in a fast-paced green field cloud-based environment. Our digital assets provide business analysts with insight to be used on behalf of our clients. The cloud-based systems and software include, but not limited to: energy portfolio management, energy asset virtualization, big data analytics, and big data visualizations.
The Senior .NET Developer is responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance web and microservices using a combination of technologies including: C#, Azure Service Fabric, CosmosDB, SQL, Python, R
- Participate in the design, architecture, and development of new web applications.
- Provide maintenance and support for the existing code base
- Work closely with management, business analysts, and product managers to implement features defined by stakeholders
- Communicate technical designs and principles to technical stakeholders
- Implementation of features defined by the feature team
- Minimum 4 years' experience designing and developing large systems on the Microsoft stack.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
Experience in cloud-based development environments, Azure/AWS.
- Experience with contemporary REST/web services development.
- Must be able to identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to problems.
Ability to work individually or within a team environment.
- Familiarity with source control software: (VSTS/TFS).
- Strong proficiency in C#, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Strong Object Oriented design and development.
- Azure/Cloud focused development: .NET, JSON, Web Services.
- Experience with Power BI a plus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, Finance, or a related field
- Energy or Finance experience or coursework
- Distributed machine learning & data-mining experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.