BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a New England-based Storage Development Director to oversee day to day project execution, including all permitting filings, contract negotiation and execution, management of project consultants and internal analysts, coordination with other teams and management of project budgets. This is an opportunity to join an established, high-performing solar and storage development team that has been leading the market in innovation and high-quality execution for a decade. Strong written and verbal communication skills, a working understanding of the development process, attention to detail, creativity and thoroughness are essential to success in this position.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k plan with company match, BlueWave employees are provided with long and short-term disability, and life insurance and can participate in company sponsored health, dental, and vision plans. This is a hybrid position - candidates will be expected to come into the office 2-3 days a week but will be set up to work remotely on other days.
- In partnership with a senior Project Executive, lead development of a portfolio of standalone storage opportunities in Massachusetts (and other local markets as needed) to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Negotiate contracts and other key development documents with outside parties
- Represent BlueWave as a key member of the storage development team, including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers
- Utilize BlueWave’s proprietary project management, document control and MIS tools to control and report on project progress
- Become familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirements and milestones, and monitor project progress against those requirements
- Implement document control procedures, with particular focus on control documents
- Research energy storage market trends and strategy
- Provide quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions
- Collaborate and coordinate with other teams at BlueWave
- Prepare internal and external documents and presentations
- Supervise and manage development analysts assigned to projects within your portfolio
- Manage all outside parties to achieve favorable results for projects under development
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in a related field
- Background in or familiarity with civil engineering / environmental engineering
- At least 2-3 years of project development experience; Massachusetts energy project development experience strongly preferred
- Strong working understanding of real estate law and project entitlement process
- Experience negotiating key agreements, preferably with landowners, vendors and municipalities
- Basic technical understanding of solar PV, energy storage and/or electrical grid infrastructure
- Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
- Proficiency with standard project management tools and financial modeling in Excel
- Familiarity with general project finance underwriting principles and DCF analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Supervisory or management experience
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to perform site visits
- Must be based in New England or willing to relocate as needed to serve Massachusetts and other New England opportunities
- Familiarity with Northeast state energy policies and incentive programs, particularly the Massachusetts SMART program and the Clean Peak Standard
- Experience developing large-scale energy projects
- Familiarity with Massachusetts land permitting processes
- Experience developing storage-only and/or solar plus storage projects
- Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.