CleanChoice Energy is seeking a customer experience professional, with experience leading teams in developing, implementing, and executing customer service/experience strategies, to join the Operations team in the role of Director of Customer Experience. In this critical role, you will be responsible for leading the customer experience team in developing and implementing programs which ensure a great experience for our customers. This individual will have direct oversight of our contact center, including inbound and outbound customer care, inbound sales, and outbound collections.
The Director of Customer Experience develops and communicates customer experience goals, establishes priorities and operating procedures, manages the departmental budget, maximizes customer value and minimizes cost-to-serve. They will ensure the team can effectively deliver superior contact center performance, achieve customer experience goals, while driving and leading cross-functional initiatives. Additionally, they will work closely with our Marketing, Product, & Technology teams to ensure the successful design, delivery, and execution of various marketing and customer service programs.
This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer
- Create and foster a positive work environment where our associates are empowered to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Support individual development and team performance through effective leadership, teaching, and performance management.
- Build a team with a solid understanding of and sufficient expertise in our respective markets, products, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure the successful performance of our internal and external contact centers through the establishment of key metrics, clear accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure effective execution of marketing, sales, and retention campaigns. Deliver on expected performance as it relates to the contact center.
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring customer satisfaction, including Net Promoter Score.
- Employ strategies to minimize customer complaints while ensuring complaints and customer concerns are addressed and managed appropriately.
- Ensure effective communication with existing customers along the customer lifecycle.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional initiatives. Act in a leadership role while representing the interests of the Customer Experience team.
- Advance the understanding of customer interactions and customer-related data across the company.
- Manage departmental budget and contractual obligations, identifying areas of cost reduction and efficiency throughout the year, with a focus on maximizing customer value and minimizing cost-to-serve.
- Periodically evaluate the capabilities of the customer experience team to facility company growth.
- Design, develop, and implement systemic improvements which enable the scalable delivery of an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop business cases which support customer experience initiatives and improvements.
- Oversee the hiring, orienting, and training of new team members.
- Establish individual and team goals, propose projects, and operating plans, budgets. Monitor individual and team performance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all departments and across all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience leading and developing managers, team leads, and individual contributors.
- Solid understanding of contact center metrics and how to utilize those metrics to manage and improve performance.
- Passionate about providing superior service to internal and external customers.
- Passionate and excitement about creating metrics, understanding metrics, and storytelling through data.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and analyzing key customer satisfaction and customer health metrics. Experience with Net Promoter Score a plus.
- Solid understanding of the cost-drivers and effective management of a small to mid-sized contact center. Working knowledge and understanding of contact/call center software.
- Experience building business cases which support scalable growth of the customer experience function.
- Strong business acumen. Experience in reviewing data to identify trends & issues. Strategic thinker with demonstrated success in developing long-term plans.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Saleforce.com experience preferred.
- Experience managing third-party contact center vendors a plus.
- Retail energy experience a plus
- Computer literacy & proficiency with both Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is a leading renewable energy company empowering residential and commercial customers to reduce emissions and support clean energy through 100 percent renewable electricity. CleanChoice’s mission is to make clean energy accessible for everybody. CleanChoice supplies only clean renewable energy to customers, operating in eight states and the District of Columbia, bringing cleaner air closer to home. The company is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Solar Access, recently passed $1.5 million in total corporate donations to environmental and social impact organizations, and has been awarded the highest level of B Corp certification.
A sunny office in Washington, DC overlooking the C&O Canal National Park. We’re one block from the Georgetown waterfront.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via www.cleanchoiceenergy.com/careers/.
CleanChoice Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success, and we are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.