Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer, real estate investor, and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
If you enjoy seamlessly pivoting between B2B and B2C strategies, projects, opportunities, and audiences and are passionate about your work making a difference in positively impacting the global climate crisis, Nelnet’s Renewable Energy Team, a leader in community, campus, and solar investments is seeking a Marketing Manager to lead Nelnet’s Community Solar growth, marketing strategies, and campaigns.
In this role, you will be accountable for developing B2C strategies, directing development resources, and overseeing the execution of integrated go-to-market omnichannel campaigns focusing on driving subscriber/customer acquisition for community solar projects and customers while also being responsible for developing B2B marketing strategies and plans with our development partners and supporting the needs of business development and sales teams.
The ideal candidate for this position should be a master at collaborating development resources, skillsets, and the input of decision-makers to see projects through to completion that build awareness, generate interest, leverage partnership opportunities, and increase the reach and revenue of this growing business.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop an integrated annual marketing strategy, budget, and tactical plan.
- Partner with business development in the identification and entry into new markets (local and state markets).
- Develops organic/paid/mixed customer acquisition strategies and campaigns to reach Community Solar subscriber target goals.
- Evaluate, test, and implement new ways to improve the creation and conversion of incoming & existing subscriber leads.
- Research and execute on all aspects of digital and traditional marketing campaigns, including market analysis, audience segmentation, go-to-market strategy, scheduling, budgeting, resource allocation, asset development, optimization, and reporting.
- Identify, measure, and report on key campaign metrics and analyze programs for performance insights that inform continuous campaign optimization and improvement.
Marketing Asset Development
- Drives execution in the following and other marketing channels: digital advertising, social media, traditional media, SEM/SEO, account-based marketing campaigns, and digital asset creation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with SMEs, industry experts, strategic partners, internal specialists (web, design, media, writing, etc.), and outside vendors to successfully develop marketing assets.
- Effectively allocate budget and human resources in support of the annual marketing plan.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators with a focus on discovering ways to maximize ROI.
- Effectively provide direction, feedback, and motivation to a wide range of collaborators and directly/indirectly managed resources.
- Make resource allocation decisions based on changing and evolving marketing priorities.
- 7-8 years of B2C and B2B marketing experience with 3-5 years of demand generation/acquisition experience successfully opening, entering and expanding new markets.
- Previous experience in an energy (ideally renewable energy) company/industry (preferred).
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for products, marketing, and discovering new ideas to meet market needs.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of projects.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, motivate and drive teams to deliver world-class marketing and high-impact results.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks – a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Self-motivated and action-driven with the ability to work independently to execute and follow through.
- Work successfully in a rapidly changing environment is necessary.
- Strong work ethic, values, and integrity.
- Embraces challenges enthusiastically, then execute relentlessly.
- Have a willingness to expand the role and find ways to support the team even when it is outside your role and responsibilities.
- Understanding of digital marketing strategies, tools, and best practices.
- Knowledge of digital advertising platforms, social media platforms, event activations, integrations, and multi-channel campaign measurement.
- Experience with multi-channel marketing strategy, A/B, and multivariate test design, optimization, and ROI.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Apple Search Ads, Facebook Ads manager, etc.
- Knowledge of marketing automation and CRM (Salesforce) platform management platforms, processes, required resources, and best practices.
- Proficient in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Teams.Colorado Candidates: Salary range for this role is $47,000 - $92,000.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.