The Coalition for Community Solar Access (“CCSA”) is seeking qualified applicants for a Director of Equity Programs. The anticipated start date for this position is immediate. CCSA is a growing organization working to open, protect, and serve markets for community solar across the country.
The Director of Equity Programs will lead CCSA’s efforts both internally and externally related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Director of Equity Programs will report directly to the Vice President for Regulatory Affairs but will work closely with CCSA’s Campaigns team and each of the Regional Directors. CCSA is a fast paced, mission driven, collegial, and fun work environment. The ideal candidate will share CCSA’s mission to expand access to solar for all and fit the fast paced and self-starting culture.
- Experience in a role dealing with matters pertaining to diversity, equity, and inclusion (ideally with experience specifically relating to low- and moderate-income communities).
- Experience in energy policy, environmental advocacy and/or a related field.
- Ability to work with bi-partisan constituencies, fostering relationships, collaboration, compromise, messaging, and policy.
- Ability to efficiently manage a diversity of viewpoints; working alongside the Board of Directors, members, and broader coalitions of local stakeholders to reach compromise on CCSA priorities.
- Ability to collaborate on thought leadership and development of policy positions for CCSA.
- Ability to work within a trade association environment, representing industry interests to effectuate triple-bottom line outcomes.
- Develop, implement, and assess CCSA’s strategic plans with respect to equity related issues and their initial and continued implementation.
- Develop partnership strategies with non-profits, large employers, municipalities, housing authorities, and others to help promote community solar to income- eligible subscribers.
- Work with state governments to educate them about the benefits of community solar and how community solar programs can be structured to meet the needs of underserved communities.
- Serve as staff lead for regulatory implementation of equity related initiatives, with a particular focus on state level programs and the aspects of those programs that relate to low- and moderate-income customer enrollment and participation.
- Work with Senior Director for National Programs and others on implementation of equity related initiatives at the federal level.
- Work with the Senior Director of Public Affairs and Communications and Regional Directors to refine messaging around equity as it relates to community solar.
- Participate in and manage new and existing CCSA coalitions and partnerships related to equity issues at a national and regional level, representing CCSA’s interests. New and existing coalitions will cover the renewable energy industry, environmental justice communities and civil rights, underserved communities and low-to- moderate income customers, and potentially more.
- Work with and beside CCSA members in participation and development of partnership and coalitions.
- Serve as a catalyst for change, and an institutional resource for instilling the values of equity at CCSA and throughout the markets in which it is present.
- Minimum 4+ years working in a position dealing with equity related issues with a preference for electricity, energy, or environmental work experience.
- Self-starter, with strong political instincts, and ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience and tangible achievements developing and advocating for legislation and/or regulatory policy.
- Potential for ~20% travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range is between $130,000 - $150,000 with the opportunity to participate in a performance incentive plan. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge and skills of applicant, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include a company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums for employees and their families, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses. We also offer paid parental leave, professional coaching opportunities, and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
- Remote; flexible worksite - e.g. home or shared worksite
Please send resume and cover letter to Mike Judge - email@example.com - with the subject line “Director of Equity Programs – YOUR NAME”.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!