The Local Solar for All coalition (“LS4A”) is seeking qualified applicants for the role of campaign director with an immediate start date. Local Solar for All launched in 2020 as a coalition of solar energy and storage companies, clean energy industry groups, and non-profits including the Coalition for Community Solar Access, Vote Solar, Sunrun, SunPower, IGS, Sunnova, Solar United Neighbors, and others. The group’s mission is to create a safer, more affordable, and equitable way to supply power to our communities through local rooftop and community solar and storage. The campaign is focused on promoting the benefits of local clean energy production and encouraging federal and state governments to accelerate the development of a more decentralized, distributed energy system. For more information on Local Solar for All, visit https://www.localsolarforall.org/
You will lead federal advocacy efforts, day-to-day execution of LS4A’s strategy and help continue to build and manage coalition members. Specifically, you will direct advocacy and coalition building at the federal and (in some instances) state level, lead fundraising, strategy development and execution, and management of consultants.
You will work in close partnership with the Coalition for Community Solar Access (CCSA) as a founding member of LS4A – and its administrator – to manage the coalition and promote pro-DG policies at the state and national level.
- 8+ years of experience developing and managing coalitions of diverse stakeholders
- Experience leading or managing advocacy campaigns and issue efforts, specifically at the federal level
- Familiarity and ideally experience working on distributed solar and/or storage policy
- Federal lobbying experience is required
- [Optional] experience with federal energy policy, FERC, and regional electricity markets
- Partner with coalition members to develop and execute national strategies to increase awareness among key stakeholders of the benefits of local, distributed energy resources, especially the value they bring to the grid from a cost perspective.
- Work closely with CCSA’s campaigns director, CCSA’s executive director, CCSA’s Head of Strategic Initiatives and LS4A coalition members to develop and execute strategies to support advocacy campaigns to adopt distributed energy policies.
- Manage a broad array of consultants to execute strategic plan and achieve key performance indicators on time and on budget.
- Work closely with CCSA’s Head of Strategic Initiatives to develop and execute strategies to support federal advocacy campaigns and manage federal lobbyists to ensure they are meeting campaign goals on time and on budget.
- Attend meetings with legislators and regulators on behalf of LS4A and coalition members to represent coalition’s federal policy priorities.
- Establish clear goals and key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of LS4A and federal advocacy strategies.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and skills of applicant, and alignment with market data.
- This position is full-time equivalent, but we will consider contractors. If full-time, it includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include a company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits for employee and employee’s dependents. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses. We also offer eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan and personalized professional coaching.
- Highly preferred to be based in the Washington D.C. area
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Please send resume and cover letter to Mike Judge - email@example.com - with the subject line “LS4A Campaign Director Role – YOUR NAME”.
The Local Solar for All coalition and Coalition for Community Solar Access are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is the incubator and founding member of LS4A. CCSA is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.