About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc., one of the fastest growing solar companies in North America, is looking for someone self-driven, and passionate about solar. OYA Solar is a developer and financier of commercial rooftop, community solar and utility-scale projects in North America. To date, OYA Solar has developed, engineered, and arranged for financing for over 200 MW of solar projects in North America and has a current pipeline exceeding 1 GW.
OYA is seeking a Wetland/Environmental Scientist. This individual will be based in New York to handle projects primarily in the Northeast USA (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) and Illinois. The Wetland/Environmental Scientist will be responsible for performing fieldwork and report preparation associated with wetland delineations, stream assessments, habitat characterizations, ecological monitoring, and rare species surveys. They will work with Surveyors and conduct on-site surveys and assessments. The candidate should be well versed with environmental surveys procedures and report writing.
They will be required to act as an environmental scientist for projects with a wetland or ecological services component (e.g., wetland identification, delineation, and functional assessments; Section 401/404 permit support; wetland/stream mitigation design and monitoring).
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Visiting project sites with surveyor and conducting on-site assessment and survey of the project site.
- Performing on-site wetland identification, delineation, and functional assessment investigations in accordance with the USACE 1987 Manual and Regional Supplements.
- Preparing all associated data sheets and wetland reports.
- Conducting surface water quality/biological assessments (chemistry, macroinvertebrates, and habitat).
- Assisting with data compilation and analysis, report writing, permit application preparation, plant community mapping, and database management
- Performing Preliminary Assessment/ Phase 1 ESA
- Assisting Surveyor with land surveys.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in environmental science or similar field
- Certified Wetland Scientist, Society of Wetland Scientists, Certified in HEP, USWFS,
- Certified Associate Wildlife Biologist or Certified Wildlife Biologists, The Wildlife Society
- OSHA 40 Hour Health and Safety Training and Refresher courses
- 5 to 10 years operations experience with environmental projects including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a Wetland scientist
- Knowledge and experience in Federal and NY land-use regulatory programs including federal Wetland and NY DEC Freshwater Wetland.
- Experience in regulatory program such as Army Corp. permitting and NYDEC permits.
- Experience in Environmental Permit preparation, FERC
- Ability to travel to project sites 60-70% of the time.
- Ability to drive, driving licence with clean record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The following is a sample of some of the physical demands that would normally be required for this position.
- Sitting: Remaining in the seated position for extended periods of time.
- Standing: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation without moving about
- Walking: Moving about on foot
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another usually between 10 to 25 lbs.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ear
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurate