Named one of Denver's top places to work in 2019 by Denver Business Journal, Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that measures its success by positive impact to people, planet, and profit.
Position with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, in the clean energy sector, serving commercial clients. The VP of Capital Markets is a management-level position and offers an exciting opportunity to lead the company’s expansion efforts into new markets with enhanced capital providers.
This is a key role that will help set the course for the organization and, working closely with the executive team, will identify, pitch, and close institutional capital sources and finance facilities. Capital raised should leverage the strengths and assets of the company, result in meaningful market differentiation and meet Pivot's financing demand now and into the future. The position will report to the CFO and will involve working closely with the CEO and finance team.
- Manage existing relationships and cultivate new partnerships with diverse set of investors, specifically equity and tax equity
- Establish new investment products, structures, and processes to position business unit for competitive success long-term within the solar industry
- Target appropriate investors, package opportunities and lead team in closing equity, debt and tax equity transactions
- Work with CEO, CFO and others to create marketing materials, develop marketing strategy and engage the market to secure additional capital partners
- Monitor competitor initiatives and keep abreast of industry developments in order to inform strategy
- Monitor trends relative to investor appetite to ensure Pivot’s offerings are consistent with demand
- Be available and responsive to client requests, and ensure their continued satisfaction with our services
- Work with the team to manage deal flow from deal origination, development and construction
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT
- Participate in market and opportunity analysis, competitive analysis, market ecosystem and strategic planning for market expansion. Focused on the 2-5 year time-to-revenue horizon
- Act in leadership role for cross-departmental engagement for research, analysis, opportunity assessment
- Ensure organization strategy is translated into an executable plan that can be implemented successfully and communicated simply to a diverse and geographically dispersed employee base
- Work with project finance team to facilitate the closing of project/portfolio transactions (as needed)
- Represent company in conferences, trade groups and meetings of strategic value
QUALIFICATIONS / PREREQUISITES
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills. Attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience in finance working on debt and/or tax equity transactions. Markets adjacent to renewables may work, but experience in solar is preferred.
- Must thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. Upon completing the probationary period, the qualified candidate can expect enrollment in Pivot’s health insurance, four weeks of paid vacation, 401(k) match, and other benefits. Base Salary to be determined in accordance with level of experience. 30% travel required.
EEO & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Pivot Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its employees. We actively work to cultivate an inclusive culture that celebrates all identities and values the unique perspectives they bring.