To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Eight years later, we’ve created something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The candidate will be a leader in a fast-paced, high-growth, and innovative organization with a high performing team. He or she will be responsible for leading project development in new and existing state markets in the community and distributed generation solar space.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Lead Project Development activities in several of SunShare’s key markets. This will include development of solar projects and managing them to NTP. This role will direct site selection, manage landmen, screen interconnections, and oversee the entire development and permitting process.
- This role will be responsible for leading SunShare’s business development in existing markets and new markets as identified.
- Articulate operational rationale and expected financial outcomes to the rest of the management team related to projects moving forward.
- 10+ years of project development and strategy experience required
- 5 years of experience in the solar/renewable energy field strongly preferred
- Must have a strong relationship base in the solar industry
- Project development and/or management experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and / or expertise of electricity markets, utility rate tariffs, interconnection agreements, solar industry trends, and regulatory policies
- Demonstrated ability to lead without close direction or management; capable of performing and anticipating duties outside of the job description
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.