To be an unstoppable force, rethinking conventional forms of energy, reducing reliance on fossil fuels, being kinder to the environment, and helping anyone and everyone do the same.
To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Five years later, we’ve stumbled across something even bigger- a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change in a cost-effective manner.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, residential and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and highly driven company developing 1-5 MW community distributed solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent from around the world.
The candidate will be a leader in a fast-paced, high-growth, and innovative organization with a high performing team. He or she will be responsible for project acquisition and development partnerships in the community solar space, as well as developing and implementing a programmatic sales strategy for small and medium sized utilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for leading SunShare’s business development team in new and existing markets
- Develop, lead, and close on cooperative and municipal utility deals
- Responsible for executing on a JV / acquisition strategy in community solar markets
- Articulate deal rationale and expected financial outcomes to the rest of the management team
- 10+ years of business development and strategy experience required
- 5 years of experience in the renewable energy field strongly preferred
- Must have a strong relationship base in the industry
- Experience in power marketing
- Project finance experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and / or expertise of electricity markets, utility rate tariffs, solar industry trends, and regulatory policies
- Strong communication skills including the ability to speak in front of groups; experience in presenting and negotiating at the CEO level preferred
- Demonstrated prospecting, planning, and closing experience with large customers
- Proven experience developing business strategies, particularly commercial channel partner programs in different markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead without close direction or management; capable of performing and anticipating duties outside of the job description