Edison Energy is an independent professional energy engineering consulting and project development company specializing in energy audits, retro-commissioning, design development and implementation of energy conservation projects. This includes traditional HVAC mechanical projects and renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind.
We are seeking a qualified Testing and Balancing Technician to support the growing demand for our Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TAB) Services, Commissioning and Field Engineering Services. On the job training will be provided. The ideal candidate will be tasked with the following:
- Testing and balancing of air and hydronic systems
- Performance testing of utility equipment: air handlers, chillers, pumps, boilers, cooling towers
- Troubleshoot faulty systems and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Tabulate field data into summary report format
- Strong communication skills
- Must be computer literate with word processing/ spreadsheet software
- Must be physically able and willing to conduct site inspections and field work (climb ladders, walk on roofs, etc.)
Individuals with experience in any of the following are ideal candidates for the position:
- Previous experience / schooling in HVAC balancing (TAB) or equipment maintenance
- HVAC trade school participation
- Well rounded experience in HVAC, TAB, DDC controls and field troubleshooting.
- NEBB or AABC certification a plus (not required)
- Field experience with utility systems - boiler, chillers, cooling towers and pumps - or have equivalent knowledge gained through actual utility system operation at pharmaceutical, institutional, medical, education or housing facilities
- Knowledge of air and water distribution systems, ductwork and piping is desirable
Edison offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits that include medical/ dental insurance, mileage reimbursement, flexible spending account, paid holidays and vacation.
Click the link below to apply today!