ForeFront Power is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. ForeFront Power specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at ForeFront Power designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Senior Tax Manager will drive the process of tax compliance. The Project Finance, Development and Corporate Finance teams will rely on this employee to be able to answer or research answers on various tax matters. External and internal communication and collaboration will be a critical part of the role. This employee will also be asked to perform various ad-hoc tasks to support the team. Providing insight into process improvement will be valued in the team’s strive for efficiency and simplification. Abilities to multi-task and prioritize are essential qualifications for this role. This role may evolve based on company growth and operational needs. This position reports to the Co-CEO & CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forecast, manage, and ensure compliance with state and local taxes including but not limited to property taxes, PILOT programs, sales tax and franchise tax
- Negotiate payments in lieu of taxes (PILOT) agreements
- Manage external consultants and third parties to ensure work is being performed accurately and timely
- Leverage deep industry knowledge to ensure compliance with tax rules around Tax Equity structuring and ongoing deliverables
- Serve as the point of contact for all tax related questions from internal and external parties
- Aid other team members with various ad-hoc requests
- Provide on-going insight on tax savings optimization
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the ForeFront Power team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Extensive background working with partnership returns, corporate returns, state and local tax filings
- Experience modelling project economics and presenting results to assessors
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- 3+ years working in solar or renewable energy industry including experience with Tax Equity structuring
Though the Finance Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by reporting and other deadlines.
The position is based out of our San Francisco, CA office. For the right candidate, this position could also be based in Denver, New York City or remote. The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; professional development; Paid Time Off; and 401(k).