Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an Accounting Administrator to join our team in the San Diego, CA office.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well-organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: This position will report to the Senior Accountant and will be part of the Accounting and Finance team. Together with the Senior Accountant, this position will advance the goals of providing excellent accounting support to the team, the Company, and its shareholders. The primary responsibilities of this position are ensuring accurate and timely processing of G&A accounts payable, partnering with team leadership in advancement of department and organizational goals and serving as supportive resource and knowledge-base for other team members.
Position Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Review, reconcile, audit and prepare journal entries for Company credit cards.
- Expense report reviews and approvals to complete cycle for payroll processing.
- Back up data processor for payroll to ensure that coverage is available for all payroll cycles.
- G&A Accounts payable processing and related accruals.
- Complete and review general ledger account reconciliations under their responsibility.
- Together with the team, actively participate in developing and implementing accounting processes to address changes in the business environment.
- Assist with auditor requests during quarterly review and annual audit engagements.
- Additional administrative duties as assigned within the department.
- Such other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant
Desired Skills And Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Business or Finance, preferably Accounting.
- 2 or more years of progressive accounting experience.
- Intermediate Excel Skills.
- Excellent organizational, research and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team or as an individual, with minimum supervision.
- A self-starter who possesses an attention to detail and a solution-orientation.
- A mindset of continuous improvement.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a casual community-based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Potential for bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
- Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
- 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
- Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)