Sr. Accountant, Asset Management position is open for an energetic, organized professional with an aptitude to work in a renewable energy company in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position will involve a multitude of responsibilities in all areas of financial accounting and reporting, year-end audit preparation, budget activities and compliance with the wide range of financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable of all portfolios under management.
- Maintain general ledger processing; prepare and enter month end and other required journal entries.
- Review and reconcile monthly transactions and balances for accuracy.
- Responsible for onboarding new projects to an integrated asset management system.
- Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements and budgets.
- Prepare work papers and various reports for external auditing.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
Reporting & Analysis
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports of portfolios under management. Assist in providing follow-up of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual reporting requirements to various parties.
Audits & Examinations
- Assist with annual external audit and other examinations. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual audit.
Administration and Compliance with financing agreements:
- Ensure compliance with various reporting requirements of the projects’ financing agreements.
- Monitor covenants and interact with the financial counterparties as needed.
- Assist with the financial close of the financing transactions.
- Contribute to the Company special projects as assigned.
- One point of contact with all project counterparties including off takers, landlords, lenders, equity owners and government agencies
- Administer obligations and responsibilities under the project agreements
- Compliance with the regulatory and government requirements
- 4-year degree in Accounting strongly preferred. CPA preferred
- Preferred 5 or more years’ experience in public accounting specifically with audit engagements
- BIG 4 audit experience
- Strong Excel, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interface with different levels and functions of the organization as well as with external auditors
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to multi-task and undertake complex tasks
- Project oriented with a goal to complete assignments on time
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S
Competitive Salary, Annual Performance Bonus, Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Basic Life, Long Term Disability and 401k)
Contact: Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org