Summit Ridge Energy (SRE) is seeking a Solar Project Developer to support its project level growth. Based out of its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, or its regional offices in either Chicago or New York, the Solar Project Developer will provide project and portfolio level support ensuring SRE solar development assets obtain the necessary approvals to reach construction ready status.
- Evaluate site suitability of proposed project locations
- Work with Sales and Engineering staff to quickly evaluate and support projects at various stages, from RFP responses to late stage development
- Provide due diligence and development guidance to Sales personnel
- Lead project/portfolio level entitlement and permitting efforts in defined SRE markets
- Manage third-party contracts with SRE’s technical, environmental, and interconnection consultants in support of project development efforts
- Act as the liaison with SRE development partners on matters relating to permitting, scope and development schedule delivery
- Work with SRE engineering resources to create proposed site layouts and designs
- Create or manage consultants in the creation of fully compliant interconnection applications for solar projects
- Participate in scope development, project specifications, and component selection to ensure best-in-class solar system design packages
- Establish and foster key relationships with consultants and other, third-party solar developers
- Bachelor’s in environmental sciences or equivalent degree
- 3-5 years of experience permitting DG or utility scale, ground-mounted solar arrays
- Strong project management skills to manage multiple projects at one time, meet short deadlines
- Experience consulting various GIS databases to identify site restrictions, terrain, flood plains, easements, etc.
- Familiarity with solar technologies and related electrical equipment including vendors, products, technical specifications, utility and commercial standards, and applicable codes
- Familiarity with solar energy modeling tools and solar resource databases (PVSyst, SolarAnywhere) preferred, but not required
- Ability to travel 25-30 percent of the time.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.