With the backing of a leading sustainable energy and infrastructure investor, at Chaberton Energy we are building a company to accelerate the development of locally rooted renewable energy projects in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. We are focused on small to mid-sized solar power facilities (<10 MW) and develop projects both for our own portfolio and on behalf of third parties. Our vision for company culture is based first and foremost on stakeholder relationships rooted in trust and honesty, working as a close-knit team, and a genuine passion for pushing forward the renewable energy revolution.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our development team. The ideal candidate would bring relevant experience and a structured, yet entrepreneurial, approach to developing projects from site control thru construction for Chaberton’s growing portfolio of distributed generation solar assets in Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania (expanding to other states over time).
We are excited about the trajectory of the company and look forward to welcoming an individual who shares our enthusiasm and enjoys a challenging but rewarding work opportunity!
- Advance the development of assigned projects to construction-ready status.
- Build and Maintain financial models, work with team to identify and implement key drivers of project returns.
- Complete preliminary PV system designs using Helioscope, PVSyst, or similar programs.
- Work with Engineering team to optimize system yields, equipment selection, estimated production, and system costs.
- Manage outside vendors (engineering, environmental, etc); including bidding, contracting, and reviewing deliverables.
- Identify and resolve issues related to project development.
- Support and/or Lead interconnection and incentive application processes.
- Create and maintain project plans, including schedule and budget.
- Work independently, with the project team, and with outside parties such as landowners, public agencies, equipment vendors, contractors, etc.
- Support commercial and marketing efforts for assigned projects.
- Prepare presentations for project reviews and decision-making meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or technical field.
- At least 2 years’ full-time work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with financial modeling, project finance, and the ability to understand and create models.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Able to summarize complex issues and convey information effectively.
- Resourceful, curious, and proactive problem-solving attitude.
- Able to collaborate with multiple disciplines including sales, engineering, permitting, and project origination.
- Strong work ethic / desire to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner and meet / exceed milestones.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time. Note: COVID travel/meeting adjustments are in place.
- Solar development experience preferred; however other experience will be considered.
- Experience with Google Earth, GIS tools, PVSyst, PVWatts, Helioscope, and other solar industry engineering tools.
- Experience implementing or improving project management processes.
Compensation considered based on experience. Remote locations in the mid-Atlantic region may be considered, however, strong preference for individual to be located in either the Washington, DC or Richmond, VA metro areas.
Chaberton provides a flexible schedule (compatible with work responsibilities), and the opportunity to work in a dynamic startup environment.
- Renewables & Environment
- Oil & Energy