Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a highly motivated, experienced Senior Real Estate Paralegal to join our Oakland, CA team.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to continually improve is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and detail-oriented professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals. Join our inspiring team of problem solvers to achieve our mission of accelerating the adoption of renewable energy.
About the Position: The Senior Real Estate Paralegal will be a member of the legal team reporting to the company’s Senior Counsel and will work day-to-day with members of the Legal, Project Finance, and Development teams supporting real estate development activities for a large portfolio of commercial photovoltaic solar projects. The successful candidate will be resourceful and driven to support numerous internal clients, with a focus on identifying and resolving obstacles to solar development. If you welcome new challenges as learning opportunities and have the skills and discipline to follow through on both small tasks and large projects, we encourage you to apply to join our growing team via the Careers page of Borrego Solar’s website. Please include a resume and cover letter describing why you are interested in this opportunity and why you are the ideal candidate to join us.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Take the lead in ordering, reviewing and summarizing title reports, underlying title documents and surveys to determine feasibility of land for solar development.
• Prepare and implement title curative action plans; direct and supervise Development team in title curative activities.
• Advise Project Finance team regarding impact of title and survey matters on finance-ability of projects.
• Take the lead in working with title companies and surveyors to order title and surveys, resolve issues and discrepancies, clear title exceptions, and obtain final title commitments, proformas and surveys for closings.
• Negotiate directly with buyers on title curative actions.
• Detailed review of title work, exception documents and surveys and highly developed ability to spot and resolve title and survey issues for title policy coverage.
• Prepare draft real estate documents, including leases, easements, SNDAs and other legal contracts.
• Track tasks and phases of projects and communicate progress to teams as issues and/or items are resolved.
• Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
• Minimum of five years of title and survey experience.
• Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Exceptional proof-reading skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
• Passion for accelerating the adoption of renewable energy
• Superb interpersonal skills and positive get-it-done attitude
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, collegial and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing distributed energy industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary and bonus program
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development program
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Click the link below to apply on Borrego Solar's online job portal:
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)