Position Overview: Solstice is developing a web-based solar customer management platform, which will serve a community solar developer’s customer-facing needs while also providing a channel for customers to learn about their community solar options, enroll and engage with their solar garden. We are looking for a consumer-minded full-stack developer with 2-5 years of experience in the MERN stack.
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to understand solar developer and customer end-user requirements
- Work alongside CTO to define appropriate software architecture, based on requirements and design elements, and develop a schedule for platform development
- Lead development effort to deliver a product on time and according to specifications
- Maintain and advance digital platform based on evolving system requirements, industry trends, and technologies as well as following Test Driven Development principles.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, creative, personable, enthusiastic, proactive, team-oriented
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment and amenable to the demands of a startup environment, such as long and variable work hours, tight deadlines, and limited supervision
- Interested in renewables, cleantech, and/or sustainability
- Minimum 3-5 years experience developing production grade web applications with Node.JS, Express, React/Redux and SQL/NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Typescript and transpilers/compilers (Babel, Webpack, etc)
- At least 2+ years experience with CI/CD (TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Test Driven Development
- At least 2+ years hands-on experience with deploying to production using Kubernetes and Docker container technologies on AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with Git and GitHub/Bitbucket/etc.
- Have a basic understanding of Linux and basic OS command operations
- Authorized to work in the US.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer You Will Gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewable energy space, particularly the rapidly growing community solar industry
- Hands-on startup experience in cleantech
- Knowledge from and personal interaction with senior management
- Ownership over the front end of Solstice’s platform
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and the occasional after-work beer. Apply today and get to know us!