Senior Financial Analyst for the Solar Business Unit (SBU) will report to the Chief Financial Officer (in his role as head of the SBU). This individual will directly assist the Chief Financial Officer and various members of the SBU in financial analysis, data management, modeling and reporting. The position requires intellectual curiosity, conscientiousness, pro-action and attention to detail. The Senior Financial Analyst must be well organized, adept at managing multiple tasks and able to work remotely with minimal supervision.
- Develops and maintains Solar Project Model for the solar development portfolio.
- Research market trends for state legislation and power/REC pricing for active markets, as well as industry trends for project costs.
- Supports Community Solar team through rate research in active markets, as well as financial analysis on current and prospective holdings.
- Prepares and communicates financial and business analyses (i.e. Budgeting, portfolio forecasting, customer count modeling, etc.).
- Designs, maintains, and delivers ad hoc reports, and financial models.
- Completes additional special projects as needed.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
- Proven experience with running complex financial models, coupled with understanding of renewable energy project financing components.
- Curiosity. The candidate should enjoy learning and problem solving.
- Advanced desktop computing skills including Microsoft Excel, Python, SQL, or R.
- Desire to work hard and a willingness to operate with some ambiguity.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Comfortable working from home under current COVID-19 circumstances.
- History of working effectively in a team environment while juggling multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of the following: renewable energy, utilities, wholesale power markets, project management and financial modeling and reporting.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
About CleanChoice Energy
CleanChoice Energy is an industry-leading, renewable energy company that empowers people and businesses to lead cleaner, healthier lives. We envision a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air for everyone. That’s why we are switching as many U.S. households as possible to 100% clean, pollution-free energy. Our innovative approach is helping to transform the energy industry — making it easy for consumers across the country to switch to clean energy in just minutes. At CleanChoice, we believe in making a difference: contributing millions of dollars to social impact and environmental organizations through our strategic partnerships; driving the conversation around clean energy in key national forums; and, together with our customers, avoiding the equivalent of 4 billion pounds of carbon pollution. CleanChoice is consistently recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses in America as ranked on the Inc. 5000 and has been included in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™. We are proud of our strong, positive work environment and our team of bright, motivated professionals who work diligently to help secure a better future for our planet.
A sunny office in Washington, DC overlooking the C&O Canal National Park. We’re one block from the Georgetown waterfront.
This position offers compensation commensurate with experience and skills and a robust benefits package.
How to Apply
Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success. We strongly encourage women and/or people of color to apply. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter via www.cleanchoiceenergy.com/careers/
CleanChoice Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success, and we are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.