ForeFront Power is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. ForeFront Power specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at ForeFront Power designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Sales Manager will support new solar power sales in the US. You will directly lead the growth of our client portfolios and project pipelines. The Sales organization will rely on you to execute market entry strategies and pursue new opportunities for growth in our rapidly expanding and evolving markets. You will use your analytic and problem-solving skills to develop persuasive value propositions for prospective clients and sound economic fundamentals for investors. Working collaboratively with a team of development, engineering, legal and project finance professionals, you will skillfully influence the decision makers of our current and future clients in conjunction with the Sales organization’s initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead customer acquisition in a defined market region or set of regions
- Own a target in a market; meet or exceed that target
- Assess economic viability of project proposals and propose ways to increase project revenue streams or reduce costs
- Interface closely with Finance, Development, Engineering, Legal and Management to help guide projects forward quickly and efficiently
- Track and evaluate emerging regulatory rulings and assess potential for market creation
- Provide management with regular updates and sales pipeline, forecasting, and progress
- Manage incoming leads and sales pipeline to quickly and efficiently assess opportunities
- Evaluate customer savings propositions by analyzing energy data and utility rates
- Lead contract negotiations through Power Purchase Agreement, Option, Lease or other relevant project documentation
- Skillfully collaborate with all functional groups to maintain (and increase where possible) deal velocity
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the ForeFront Power team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of direct sales experience with a proven history of exceeding sales targets
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client-specific
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though the Sales Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
The position is based remotely or in our San Francisco or Denver offices. The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward. Frequent travel within the United States is required.
This is a regular, full-time position eligible for benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; education assistance; Paid Time Off; and 401(k).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for this position.