Edison Energy is a business created to meet the needs of the new energy future, while drawing on more than 130 years of energy and utility experience as part of Edison International.
We create a competitive advantage for market leaders by quantifying energy risk and designing the portfolio solution to protect shareholder value threatened by complex energy policies, technological advancements, and new products.
Edison Energy is part of Edison International (NYSE:EIX), one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers with revenues in excess of $11B and more than 12,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, it generates and distributes electric power and provides products to meet the needs of an ever-changing energy marketplace.
The applicant will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
Project Management Activities to include the following tasks:
• Supervise staff in the execution of project
• Oversee Energy Engineer activities which include but are not limited to: performing energy audits/retro-commissioning/new construction commissioning, perform energy use benchmarks, testing on HVAC equipment, troubleshoot, conduct savings calculations and presenting to clients
• Perform these Energy Engineer duties as needed.
• Attend and host jobsite meetings and field surveys as required
• Be responsible for technical aspects of projects
• All aspects of project cost accounting including basic knowledge of construction materials and activities.
• Develop and implement processes to efficiently run on site project operations
• Provide meeting minutes accurately documenting conversations and commitments.
• Responsible for on-time and on-budget final delivery of project to customer
• Ensure customer/client satisfaction for tasks performed
• Ability to prepare project budgets
• Development of RFP packages, levelized bids and award projects
• Implement processes to efficiently run on site project operations
• All aspects of project cost accounting including basic knowledge of construction materials and activities. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to learn new tasks and field activities
• Familiar with renewables projects and their implementation and testing procedures
Business Development Activities for the West Coast region to include the following tasks:
• Review, analyze and develop RFP/RFI responses for energy efficiency engineering services and projects
• Identify, screen and pursue potential customers that require energy efficiency services and energy related projects
• Scope out, develop and present proposals to potential customers
• Cultivate new client relationships and accounts
• Provide overall support to the region to bring in new business
• Typically has 5-10 years of experience in the energy field
• Project management experience with proven ability to lead a team
• Working knowledge of energy audits, project feasibility studies, strategic energy plans and developing energy projects
• Experience in financial analysis of various energy projects
• Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation
• A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive contact with clients
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work autonomously and independent with little oversight
• Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and a valid driver’s license are required
• BS in engineering or relevant technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• PE (CA), EIT/FE, LEED AP, CEM and other technical certifications preferred
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.