Our Heritage Edison Energy is a business created to meet the needs of the new energy future, while drawing on more than 130 years of energy and utility experience as part of Edison International.
We create a competitive advantage for market leaders by quantifying energy risk and designing the portfolio solution to protect shareholder value threatened by complex energy policies, technological advancements, and new products.
Our Parent Company Edison Energy is part of Edison International (NYSE:EIX), one of the nation’s leading energy suppliers with revenues in excess of $11B and more than 12,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, it generates and distributes electric power and provides products to meet the needs of an ever-changing energy marketplace.
The Project Manager - Renewables role is extremely important in the implementation of large project work. In order manage financial risk and to keep a large project on schedule the overall management of the project is paramount. This role entails the management of a project from concept, to contract, through installation and turnover.
- Familiarity with the Energy Industry and Energy Project Work
- Review and manage project submittals.
- Technical development of specifications.
- Manage the Change Order Process.
- Perform price estimates for projects and associated change orders
- High skill level in Microsoft Office.
- Organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to multi task and do so efficiently.
- The Project Manager – Renewables role requires experience in the development and implementation of project work including, but not limited to, the following:
- All aspects of project cost accounting including basic knowledge of construction materials and activities. Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to learn new tasks and field activities
- Familiar with renewables projects and their implementation and testing procedures
- Ability to prepare solar layouts for ground, roof and carport systems
- Working knowledge of industry standard solar modeling software packages
- Ability to prepare preliminary 1-line electrical drawings
- Ability to prepare project budgets
- Development of RFP packages, levelized bids and award projects
- Implement processes to efficiently run on site project operations
- Host meetings
- Travel to jobsites could be up to 20% of the time
- 4 year engineering degree (electrical preferred) or equivalent. Additional training in the construction and energy related fields desired. OSHA 10 safety training (Can be obtained once employed).
- Proficient in project scheduling software including Microsoft Project (preferred).
- 5 -7 years’ experience in industry related field
NOTE: Edison Energy is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Click below to apply today!