Summit Ridge Energy (“SRE”) is seeking a Project Manager to direct activities related to solar construction projects including planning, management, coordination, and financial control in order to achieve overall job success and corporate satisfaction. The Project Manager will coordinate project level design activities and manage third-party EPC contractors to ensure successful installation of commercial scale PV systems. Additionally, the Project Manager will communicate with clients, designers, project managers, field superintendents and independent engineers from contract signing through design and installation to commissioning and operation of the systems.
Based out of its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia (or located within the mid-Atlantic region as approved by the Company), the Project Manager will report directly to the company’s SVP of Operations.
- Negotiating cost-effective contracts
- Direct cross functional teams including design, construction management, safety, quality control, procurement, interconnection and other functions as needed
- Make business decisions that include assessing risk through analysis, schedules, and budget based on the project needs and the overall impact to the organization
- Own project deliverables, head team meetings, delegate task as needed, and manage project activities across multiple departments and functions
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting for management
- Manage contractor invoicing and verification of earned-value, proper documentation, lien waivers and any requirements to maintain billing and payments
- Organize regular scheduled meetings for management and subcontractors
- Ownership of the project and client relationship from NTP to COD
- Attend public meetings as a company representative as required
- Manage project level budget
- Successfully manage multiple projects and functions as required
- Take responsibility for project schedule performance
- Review contract conditions & ensure compliance with all contract terms
- Supervise documentation of all significant project events, e.g. accidents, delays, Change Orders, etc.
- Direct preconstruction services and activities as needed
- Understand and implement interconnection, PPA and similar agreement
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish in a challenging and autonomous environment
- 5+ years of project management experience, including with solar energy systems (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of solar energy system equipment, design, construction implementation and commissioning
- Experience in solar project estimating, including familiarity with recent equipment and installation costs in various markets
- Thorough understanding of project management control systems
- 4-year college degree required, preferably in electrical, mechanical or civil engineering. PE is a plus
- Must have experience in managing construction job costing
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft and other project management tools
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.