AES Distributed Energy is seeking an experienced Project Estimator to support the development, construction and operation of solar PV and grid-scale battery storage facilities from 2MW to 250MW in size. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all AES DE solar budgets for solar and energy storage technologies for all countries where AES operates.
The successful candidate will have experience solar and energy storage. The position will operate in a very dynamic environment. The candidate must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, able to develop relationships with suppliers and different business and be a reliable self-starter.
AES Distributed Energy is currently seeking a Project Estimator to manage budgets and economical evaluations required for Solar PV and Energy Storage during project development supporting bid process and construction supporting purchases needed for execution and change order negotiations. The candidate will coordinate cost assessments, collaborate in contract negotiations, supply chain and logistics, cost improvement and creation of database for preconstruction and bidding processes.
This position will be based in Boulder, CO, working closely with the DE Engineering and Construction team while reporting to Director of Procurement for AES and will focus on commercial and utility scale solar projects.
- In collaboration with the procurement team, prioritize and formalize relationships with solar PV equipment vendors and service contractors. Establish preferred pricing and terms for AES.
- Accountable for pricing and supplier management during proposals, preconstruction and construction execution.
- Manage RFPs and scope of work packages for 3rd party EPC and O&M contractors. Participate in contractor selection and contract negotiation.
- Identify and implement constant improvement initiatives in all the processes of the of purchases during execution.
- Manage compliance of supply agreements, deliverables and milestone achievements.
- Coordinate with firms, suppliers and equipment vendors to ensure adherence to contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Collaborate to draft and negotiate master services agreements, and execute project purchase orders inclusive of: conditions, scopes, pricing, schedule provisions in line with project deal structure.
- Be independently responsible for the development, analysis and completion of the most significant estimates and or proposals in terms of complexity and company importance.
- Lead/contribute to the development of conceptual estimates, pricing strategies
- Have the ability to dissect and evaluate estimates that are provided by contractors.
- Have knowledge of the existing market place.
- Work with other functions and disciplines from across the company to understand and evaluate the labor, material and other direct and indirect costs associated with proposed contracts and the associated program
- Develop company estimating and pricing programs and tools
- Develop detailed Request for Estimates which are used to kick off proposals
Skills and Qualifications:
- +5 years professional experience in estimating role.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, CPM scheduling, and Microsoft Project or Primavera P6.
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar and energy storage components and technical standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
- Familiarity with wind technology is a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus.