Community Power Group, LLC., (“CPG”) a national solar and energy storage development and financing firm within the commercial, utility, community market sectors, seeks a Project Development Manager (PDM) to be based in the Washington, D.C. metro area and work remotely to help drive 200 MWs towards closing.
The purpose of this position is to be a key member of the development team focused on driving projects through their respective development process maps. The position will be focused on site discovery, locality entitlement, project design, project production modeling, project financial modeling, RFP organization, RFP coordination, project underwriting, diligence, and closing, and general development management activities.
Position Responsibilities will potentially include but not be limited to:
- Work with the CPG executive team to project manager in various states; NY, MD, VA, IL, CT.
- Project lead with executive team for project financing; underwriting, diligence, and closing.
- Initial solar project layouts conversion and optimization to more substantive AutoCad designs.
- Solar project energy production modeling using PVWatts, Helioscope, and PVSyst.
- Environmental desktop due diligence on parcels; wetlands, floodplains, topography, etc.
- State outreach for archaeological and endangered species diligence.
- Research locality permitting code, bylaws, and ordinances and present feasibility of permitting.
- Communicate with locality planning and zoning administration and schedule and lead meetings.
- Assist in project interconnection designs and single or three line diagrams with various utilities.
- Assist in project management with various open items on project portfolio.
- Lead efforts in community engagement and collaboration for projects.
- Assist in local project tax outreach and negotiation.
- Develop internal organizational tools to track project development progress.
- Lead real estate development platform management.
- Assist in template contract formation for real estate.
- Assist in project title exception de-risking research.
- Tenacious problem solver that can accurately identify, assess, solve, implement, and communicate outcomes of complex challenges.
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel, prioritize competing demands, and follow established processes.
- Creative, open-minded and possess the ability to modify and expand theories to find solutions within the confines of the bylaws and codes.
- Must be confident; must possess the ability to substantiate code interpretations and mathematically analyze design concepts
We offer a casual community-based workplace that is upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction. We promote from within and are looking for career minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing photovoltaic industry. We offer pay competitive pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonuses tied to deal success and company profitability
- Benefits package including dental and health
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CPG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, CPG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.