About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc., one of the fastest growing solar companies in North America, is looking for someone self-driven, and passionate about solar, with exceptional experience to fill the Director, Project Development position within the firm. OYA Solar develops Commercial & Industrial, Community and Utility Scale solar PV projects in the US and Canada. To date, OYA Solar has developed, engineered, and arranged for financing for over 200 MW of solar projects in North America and has a current pipeline exceeding 1GW.
OYA Solar is actively looking to hire a Director, Project Development who possesses knowledge and experience in the solar industry and will play an important role in contributing to OYA’s development goals. The ideal candidate will have senior level sector specific experience in the development process for C&I, Community and Utility Scale solar PV projects, and will actively manage the development of the firms pipeline.
Serving as a key senior team member, this individual will be responsible for:
- Creating the economic, technical and policy business case for new market development
- Overseeing, managing and mentoring the development team through all stages of the project development lifecycle identifying and engaging with local stakeholders including municipalities, utilities, Local Governmental Units and landowners.
- assisting in and expediting permitting where required
- ensuring key project deadlines are met and milestones are achieved
- coordinating with the finance, legal, and power marketing teams to manage a growing pipeline and successfully bring projects to NTP
- Collaborating on developing and executing offtake strategies for power with commercial and utility partners
- Leading all subcontractor and vendor MSA negotiations as required.
Job Requirements – Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or renewable energy discipline and a Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent
- Knowledge of related solar programs and policies in the Northeast and Midwest United States.
- 5+ years of experience in renewables development from origination through Notice to Proceed with a strong track record of success
- Must have a high degree of professionalism, self direction, and strong work ethic
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders including project off-takers, consulting engineers, LGUs, planning bodies and other public sector entities
- Travel up to 20-40% of the time