About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc., one of the fastest growing solar companies in North America, is looking for someone self-driven, and passionate about solar, with exceptional experience to fill the Project Developer position at our company. OYA Solar is a developer and financier of commercial rooftop, community solar and utility-scale projects in Canada and the U.S. To date, OYA Solar has developed, engineered, and arranged for financing for over 200 MW of solar projects in North America and has a current pipeline exceeding 1GW.
OYA Solar is actively looking to hire a Project Developer who possesses knowledge and experience in the solar industry and will play an important role in contributing to OYA’s development goals. The ideal candidate will have sector specific experience and knowledge pertaining to regional regulatory environments in the Northeastern U.S. as well as the development process for commercial and utility scale solar PV projects. They will be actively involved in the origination and development of solar PV facilities.
Serving as a key team member, this individual will focus on:
- Leading and managing all stages of development including site identification, site control, local permitting and securing power purchase agreements (PPAs) for community solar and utility scale solar facilities
- Overseeing the prospecting, development and contracting for sites suitable for development
- Managing the preparation of tender documents and proposals for projects
- Qualifying prospects, identifying decision makers, presenting financial options, and negotiating contract terms
- Coordinating with finance, legal, and project management teams to manage a growing pipeline and close projects
- Executing offtake strategies and contracting for power offtake with commercial and utility partners
- Identifying and engaging with local development partners, municipalities, utilities, landowners and all other project stakeholders
Job Requirements – Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, renewable energy
- Knowledge of related programs and policies in the Northeast U.S.
- 5+ years of related experience in renewable origination and business development with a strong track record of success
- Must have strong contractual and deal making negotiation experience
- Must have a high degree of professionalism, self direction, and strong work ethic
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work alongside town boards, utility commissions, and customers at all levels
- Ability to liaise with internal and external colleagues
- Travel up to 40-60% of the time
- Valid Drivers License