To give everyone access to clean, renewable energy solutions – enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to improve their lives with clean energy.
SunShare started with a simple idea: to give anyone with an electricity bill access to solar energy. Ten years later, we’ve created something even bigger - a new way for utilities and consumers to move from centralized power generation to distributed energy, tap the power of the private sector, and tackle climate change cost-effectively.
Founded in 2011, we are one of America’s largest and fastest-growing community solar companies. We believe making clean energy choices for businesses, institutions, homeowners, and renters should be easy, and that anyone with an electric bill should have the option to purchase solar energy. We are a dynamic and driven company developing 1-7 MW community solar projects at scale. With offices in Minneapolis and Denver, we are committed to hiring and developing the best talent.
The Project Developer will be engaged in a fast-paced and innovative organization with a high performing team. They will be responsible for greenfield project development and assisting with M&A due diligence in select state markets in the fast-growing community solar space.
The candidate must be an entrepreneurial-minded team player capable of working directly with landowners, permitting agencies, engineers, and designers to help develop SunShare’s project portfolio.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
Develop projects in designated markets up to the Construction Notice to Proceed (NTP) milestone:
- Assist in the development of land acquisition strategies and new market analysis.
- Identify potential projects sites by utilizing SunShare’s various internal mapping tools along with publicly available data sets.
- Complete landowner outreach campaigns through cold-calling, mailers, and in-person visits.
- Complete desktop site suitability analysis and reports.
- Work with engineering and construction team to further vet site selection and suitability
- Prepare and submit pre-applications (aka Capacity screens) to the utility.
- Negotiate with landowners to secure site leases and complete land acquisitions.
- Work with legal to prepare and execute land lease/purchase option agreements with lessee/seller.
- Manage consulting engineers for the preparation of Interconnection Applications.
- Prepare preliminary budgets and schedules for leadership approval.
- Maintain progress/status of projects using company’s project management tools.
- Prepare and receive Land Use Permit applications and permitting process including public hearings – candidate should be capable of building local stakeholder support presenting before local planning and county commissions.
- Transition project to Operations team for the building permits and construction and as necessary to achieve COD and stabilized commercial operations.
- 3+ years of solar project development experience
- 3+ year experience in the solar/renewable energy field or adjacent energy field
- Base knowledge of electricity markets, utility rate tariffs, interconnection agreements, solar industry trends, and regulatory policies.
- Excellent sales and communications skills
- Passion for fighting climate change and building a renewable energy future.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000 annually.
- Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, company sponsored disability coverage, company sponsored life insurance coverage, eligibility to participate in a 401(k) plan, eligibility to participate in SunShare’s stock option plan, and a generous paid time off policy.
- A complete list of all the benefits offered at SunShare may be provided upon request.
Qualified applicants should email resume and cover letter to Human Resources at HR@mysunshare.com.