About OYA Solar Inc.
OYA Solar Inc., one of the fastest growing solar companies in North America, is looking for someone self-driven, passionate about solar, with experience in land surveying. OYA Solar is a developer and financier of commercial rooftop, community solar and utility-scale projects in North America. To date, OYA Solar has developed, engineered, and arranged for financing for over 200 MW of solar projects in North America and has a current pipeline exceeding 1 GW.
Professional Land Surveyor
OYA is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor. This individual will be responsible for performing complete Legal Land survey (ALTA) survey, topo survey. The Professional Land Surveyor will be based in New York to perform surveys in Northeast USA (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) and Illinois. This individual will be responsible for performing on-site fieldwork, preparing sketches, drawing, report writing and legal description.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Performing on-site boundary, topographic, utility, right-of-way and existing condition surveys.
- Calculating height, depth, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of property and terrain; complete ALTA survey.
- Conducting research in surveying and mapping methods, using knowledge of techniques of photogrammetric map compilation and electronic data processing.
- Writing descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Preparing and maintaining sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Assisting Wetland/Environmental Scientist in performing environmental on-site assessments.
- NY Licenced Professional Land Surveyor
- Bachelor’s degree in land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Cartography or equivalent
- New York PLS, PSM, RPLS or LS with experience.
- Must be currently registered as a Licensed professional Surveyor in New York with ability to work in northeast US (New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania) and Illinois
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience
- Coordinating activities with office personnel
- Ability to multitask, adhere to timelines and remain focused
- Lateral and logical thinking
- Confidence with new technology
- Problem solving and analysis
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Manage survey sector with minimal Support
- Drawings (AUTOCAD), Mappings, GPS, GIS
- Ability to travel to project site 60-70% of the time.
- Ability to drive, driving licence with clean record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The following is a sample of some of the physical demands that would normally be required for this position.
- Sitting: Remaining in the seated position for extended periods of time.
- Standing: Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a workstation without moving about
- Walking: Moving about on foot
- Lifting: Raising or lowering an object from one level to another usually between 10 to 25 lbs.
- Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds by ear
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately