Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar energy systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks a Procurement Administrator to join our team in San Diego, CA.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the position: The Procurement Administrator will primarily support the administrative functions related to logistics operations, as well as back-up the Logistics Coordinator and Purchasing Administrator roles. The Procurement AdministratorAdministrator will also work closely with members of the Operations and Accounting teams, and will report directly to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Works with Operations personnel to derive project specific delivery schedules for material stored, along with regular follow-up to ensure schedule is on track
• Job specific module specification (Flash Test Data) reporting
• Assist with completing and submitting credit applications to new vendors
• Assist with completing and submitted warranty documentation for inverters
• Verifies accuracy of solar module vendor invoices and codes invoices for processing by Accounting
• Verifies accuracy of third-party warehouse invoices with respect to material stored and transactions that have occurred and codes invoices for processing by Accounting
• Works with vendors to resolve PO and/or invoice issues in a timely manner, and escalates issues, when necessary
• Codes & processes all third-party warehouse inbound/outbound transactions
• Weekly reconciliation of the inventory ledger to the general ledger, and ensuring inventory is properly taxed based on final destination or receiving location
• Prepares weekly inventory ledger reporting
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Basic math functions, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain/Accounting, or commensurate experience/certifications
• Familiar with various modes of transportation – domestic and import/export
• Capable of working flexible hours, including some over-time during high volume periods
• Comfortable working on the phone
• Experience with supply chain processes and/or inventory accounting
• 1 – 3 years’ experience with coordinating or supporting logistics operations (shipping, receiving, inventory management)
• Experience in construction or solar industries
• Knowledge of IncoTerms 2010 and/or UCC terms
• Familiar with application of Sales/Use Tax
• Familiar with Salesforce a plus
• Excellent organizational and research skills
• A self-starter who possess an attention to detail
• Ability to identify and successfully resolve issues, and know when to escalate
• Ability to work well as a team or as an individual, with minimum supervision
• Results-driven personality
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Click the link below to apply on Borrego Solar's online job portal:
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)