Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an O&M Regional Manager for our Rhode Island region.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Regional Manager is the business manager for their region and responsible for all O&M activity in their assigned region of operations. Additionally the Regional Manager is the primary point of contact for customers in the region.
Safety is a core value in Borrego Solar and the Solar Electrician must:
· Read, understand and sign all safety procedures.
· Lead regular safety meetings ad required.
· Ensure every employee within reporting structure attends weekly safety meetings.
· Ensure every employee has received all required PPE.
· Ensure every employee has received all required safety training.
· Ensure every employee within reporting structure, has read, understood and signed all safety procedures.
· Ensure every safety incident is reported.
· Ensure every safety incident is fully investigated, documented and corrective actions are implemented.
· In collaboration with the Director of Operations O&M and the other Regional Managers, define and foster a strong EHS culture in the O&M department.
· In collaboration with the Director of Operations O&M and the other Regional Managers, define the standard PPE type, make, and quantity provided to the field employees.
· In collaboration with the Director of Operations O&M and the other Regional Managers, define the minimum EHS training required for each field employee.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Demonstrate integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
· Supervise, lead and train all operations team members in the region, meeting regularly with direct reports to review their progress in meeting personal, regional and departmental goals and objectives.
· Ensure that work being performed in the region meets or exceeds Borrego Solar O&M standards.
· Ensure that all company and departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are being followed.
· Ensure that the Borrego Solar O&M department is meeting all contractual obligations. (e.g. performance and availability guarantees, preventive maintenances, reactive response times, landscape management, panel washes, non-conformity correction, customer notification, etc.).
· Ensure that Borrego is meeting all local, state and federal regulations required to operate in the region.
· Track and report to both management and customers on the progress of pending work, work in progress, and completed work.
· Prepare management reports on medium and longer-term issues.
· Respond to and resolve customer requests (e.g. warranty claims, site upgrades, technical support etc.).
· Price, develop and submit proposals to customers for out of scope work.
· Obtain quotes, develop and submit PO’s for subcontracted work within the Salesforce platform.
· Manage designated region to meet profit and cost targets set in defined budgets.
· Interface with SCADA/DAS system to understand onsite issues with the ability to communicate to both management and customers.
· Review and comment on Case documentation to ensure that Borrego Solar O&M standards are met and the customer receives a complete and detailed report.
· Act as escalation point for technical or customer issues that are not successfully resolved by direct reports.
· Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Director of Operations O&M.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
· Proven experience as business manager or relevant role.
· Ability to communicate in English both orally and writing.
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and SalesForce systems.
· Proven experience understanding and implementing OSHA regulations.
· Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures.
· Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices.
· Knowledge of office administrative procedures.
· Knowledge and understanding of solar plant construction and comprehension of how onsite equipment interacts with the overall plant.
· Must hold Master Electrician License.
· May be required to travel up to 25% of the time.
· Required to work in office conditions.
· Required to be in the assigned office more than 50% of the time.
· Required to work in field conditions as needed.
· Work in a fast changing environment which may require quick decisions with limited processes and procedures.
· Ability to drive a vehicle.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to walk distances up to 5 miles in a day.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Required to have visual acuity which includes depth perception.
· Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
• Competitive base salary
• Potential for bonuses
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
• Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
• 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
• Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)