Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SunPower is seeking a Manager, Market Development and Policy to lead state policy efforts with various public service commissions, state legislatures, and state agencies to drive residential, commercial and community solar and energy storage adoption in the Central/Southwestern U.S., with a particular focus in Arizona, Illinois, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, comfortable working remotely, and have experience navigating various regulatory dockets, filing public comments, and working in state legislatures. Frequent travel may be required at times. Location is flexible, although presence in a regional SunPower office is preferred.
- Prepare written testimony in regulatory dockets related to solar, energy storage, rate tariffs, rate design, and net energy metering.
- Represent SunPower publicly with regulators, government officials, and state legislators.
- Provide thought leadership on policies that will increase residential, commercial, and community solar and energy storage adoption.
- Work collaboratively and provide strategic guidance to coalitions of stakeholders, including trade associations, consumer advocates, and NGOs.
- Monitor rate filings, state legislative action, trade press, and other sources for developments in residential, commercial, and community solar and energy storage.
- Develop written comments, verbal testimony, and presentations.
- Manage outside consultants, regulatory counsel, lobbyists, and associated costs.
- Effectively communicate proposed or enacted public policy changes and related opportunities or risk to SunPower's business to internal SunPower leadership and staff.
- Prioritize public policy advocacy efforts and associated costs based on SunPower's current business plans and future sales/margin opportunity.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and least 7-10 years of relevant work experience in public policy on issues related to solar energy, energy storage, energy efficiency and/or electric vehicles.
- Experience navigating regulatory dockets and managing lawyers and other outside consultants.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills.
- Skilled and experienced public speaker; for both public sector and industry audiences.
- Fundamental understanding of solar and energy storage technologies, interconnection procedures, and rate design.
- Willingness to take initiative, work through obstacles, and drive projects forward.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Self-starter – work independently and effectively on projects
- Ability to synergize cross-functionally with internal staff and external organizations; perceptive about leading and sensing when consensus is needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it
must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated
Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime
Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law.
Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants
and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by
contacting the EEO Officer.
Nearest Major Market: Eugene
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Manager, Sales, Management