AES Distributed Energy is seeking an experienced Sourcing Manager to support the growing involvement of AES on direct procurement of main equipment to support the development and construction and operation of solar PV and grid-scale battery storage facilities from 2MW to 250MW in size. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating all AES logistics to coordinate the owner supplied equipment for solar and energy storage technologies in close coordination with vendors and AES’s Project Managers and Project Engineers.
The successful candidate will have experience in solar components and desirable in energy storage and wind technologies as well. The position will operate in a very dynamic environment. The candidate must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time, able to develop relationships with suppliers and different business and be a reliable self-starter.
AES Distributed Energy is currently seeking a logistics manager to manage the delivery of goods and services required for Solar PV project development, construction and operations, the administrative purchasing process and the process of reconciliation of the billing of suppliers and subcontractors, supply chain and logistics. The Logistics Manager will ensure compliance with corporate processes, cost-effective and efficient Solar PV procurement, and the execution of strategies to achieve the objectives for rapid growth and deployment.
This position will be based in Boulder/Louisville, CO, working closely with the DE Engineering and Construction team while reporting to the Director of Procurement for AES and will focus on commercial and utility scale solar projects.
- Coordinate with Project Engineering and Project Manager to deliver on time owner supplied equipment.
- Coordinate with firms, suppliers and equipment vendors to ensure adherence to contract terms and delivery of contractual deliverables.
- Manage compliance of supply agreements, deliverables and milestone achievements.
- Responsible to keep logs for Bill of Landing (inventory on site)
- Responsible to understand contracts with vendor and scopes related to sourcing requirements.
- Identify and implement constant improvement initiatives in all the processes of the logistics of purchases.
- Maintain reports and metrics, coordinating with the DE Operations and Treasury teams to manage the status of orders, invoices and payments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should have a degree in Purchasing, Procurement/Acquisitions, Contract Management, economics, accounting, or business
- +5 years professional experience in purchasing department.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, CPM scheduling, and Microsoft Project or Primavera P6.
- Familiarity with photovoltaic solar and energy storage components and technical standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including an ability to maintain calm and effective exchanges by all parties during stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated by clear and effective project plans and executive level reporting that ensure timely action and decision making in time-pressured scenarios.
- Familiarity with wind technology is a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus.