ForeFront Power is a dynamic Renewable Energy Solutions Provider operating across North America delivering predictably priced renewable electricity services for commercial, municipal, and utility customers. ForeFront Power specializes in navigating a complex ecosystem of regulatory and economic markets to find highest value for our customers by being first movers and innovative solutions providers. From highly visible solar canopies at schools to large scale ground-mounted applications, the team of industry leaders at ForeFront Power designs specific financial and technical solutions for each customer to maximize the impact of their renewable energy projects.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Land Acquisition Manager will support site acquisition across the US in support of a variety of company initiatives. You will directly lead the acquisition of high quality, highly vetted sites specifically tailored to Forefront Power offerings. Working in close coordination with a team of Sales Managers, Development Project Managers and Sales Analysts, your goal is to identify, approach and acquire land sites in line with the strategic path of Forefront Power.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own land acquisition in a market or several markets
- Oversee the work of all land acquisition channel partners in that market(s)
- Develop a qualified list of land prospects; coordinate outbound mailers and communication with the marketing team
- Work closely in tandem with Legal team to develop deal structures and form agreements intended to maximize value on a market by market basis.
- Negotiate site leases with landowners
- Interface directly with Development Project Managers to plan permitting, site design, interconnection and other key value add functions.
- Manage a broad geographic area in response to RFP/Procurement related land acquisition
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-paced and fluid company poised for growth in one of the country’s most rapidly changing industries.
Forward-thinking, innovative approaches and comfort with complexity are what define the ForeFront Power team. We are looking for individuals eager to run at the front with us.
- Desire to work in an early stage company in the renewable energy field
- Bachelor's degree required and Master's Degree preferred
- Self-starter comfortable with the remote nature of a land acquisition role
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English
- Strong insight development and value proposition definition skills
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Creativity and critical thinking skills to tackle a variety of challenges from the industry level to client-specific
- Experience with GIS, Costar, and lead mapping tools
- Commercial/Industrial real estate entitlement experience a plus
- Solar or renewable energy industry experience a plus
Though the Sales Department believes in long term work/life balance, we also believe in short term imbalances. Long hours will be needed from time to time as dictated by deal flow and project deadlines.
The position is based remotely or in our San Francisco or Denver offices. The organization promotes an open and collaborative work atmosphere. Cross functional teams work closely together to solve problems and move the company forward. Frequent travel within the United States is required.
This is a regular, full-time position eligible for benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive base salary and bonus potential; health, vision, and dental coverage; commute assistance; education assistance; Paid Time Off; and 401(k).