Term: Contract to hire, Full-time
Position Overview: Solstice is developing a web-based solar customer management platform, which will serve a community solar developer’s customer-facing needs while also providing a channel for customers to learn about their community solar options, enroll and engage with their solar garden. We are looking for a consumer-minded full-stack developer to take part in our development efforts.
- Work closely with business teams to understand solar developer and customer end-user requirements
- Work alongside CTO to define appropriate software architecture, based on requirements and design elements, and develop a schedule for platform development
- Lead development effort to deliver a product on time and according to specifications
- Maintain and advance digital platform based on evolving system requirements, industry trends, and technologies as well as following Test Driven Development principles.
Who You Are:
- Up for the challenge – this is a role at an early-stage startup with the potential for a significant amount of responsibility and ownership
- Passionate about building great, consumer-facing products
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
- Interested in renewables, cleantech, and/or sustainability
- Full-stack software developer with a minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience
- Experience in building consumer applications, CRM/SaaS platforms, and/or two-sided marketplaces
- Experience with microservices based architecture a plus.
- Amenable to the demands of a start-up environment, such as long and variable work hours, tight deadlines, and limited supervision
- Extraordinary attention to detail, creative, personable, enthusiastic, proactive, team-oriented
- US citizen or permanent resident
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.
We’re a team of mission-driven, passionate, and dedicated individuals. We’ve fostered an inclusive and fun culture through monthly outings, solar farm field trips, and the occasional after-work beer. Apply today and get to know us!