Term: 90-120 day contract
Compensation: Base plus uncapped commission – OTE of $4,000+/month
Time commitment: Full-time
Location: Rockland and Orange counties (including but not limited to Yonkers, Mahwah, Nyack, Spring Valley, Middletown, Newburgh, and Port Jervis). NYC OK if you’re willing to travel.
We are always hiring in other parts of New York (excluding NYC) – please feel free to apply and we will be in touch if/when we have opportunities in your region!
Position overview: With several large community solar projects launching in New York this year, we are looking for highly-motivated individuals to expand our community outreach efforts. The position is a customer facing, results-oriented role with significant opportunity for professional growth and autonomy. If you’re someone passionate about renewable energy and love building networks, then the Solstice New York Outreach position is for you!
Who you are:
- You’re up to the challenge– you want real responsibility
- You are bold, fearless, unafraid to fail – a true entrepreneurial spirit
- A great communicator – You love talking to people
- You know you can sell and you’re not afraid to prove it
- You want to be part of a team that motivates and inspires you
- You’re interested in renewables, clean-tech, and/or sustainability
Responsibilities will include:
- Achieving or exceeding a monthly quota of households to enroll in solar projects
- Conducting outreach to and building relationships with community organizations, including houses of worship, workplaces, community centers, housing associations and other community organizations/groups
- Building a network of ambassadors to help you grow the solar contagion effect
- Interfacing with community leaders and stakeholders to help their networks switch to solar
- Conducting outreach to build awareness among New York households interested in solar power
- 2-5 years of previous outbound sales and/or community organizing. Previous sales or political campaign experience preferred, as is a comfort with public engagement
- Passion about the mission of Solstice
- Ability to articulate Solstice’s value proposition to households and communities with passion and energy
- Knowledge of/relationships with community organizations in the state of New York
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends to run events
- Comfort and ability to work remotely from a home office
- Ability and willingness to travel on a frequent basis throughout Central New York
- Access to a car
- Extraordinary attention to detail, highly-motivated, creative, proactive, team-oriented, self-starting and eager to work outside of an office setting
Solstice was founded to advance equity and inclusion in America. We are committed to living those values, not just in the work we do to promote environmental and energy justice, but in how we grow as an organization. We seek always to expand leadership opportunities for marginalized communities in the global transition to clean energy.
Solstice is an equal opportunity employer. We hire, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, genetics, veteran status, or any of the other characteristics that give each of us unique perspective and capacities.